Short Term Memory Loss | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Short Term Memory Loss Short Term Memory Loss

Unread 03-23-2002, 04:50 AM
Short Term Memory Loss

Ladies- I have lost my mind!
My surgery is scheduled for 4-4-02 and the closer I get---I feel like I am losing my mind.
My husband asked something twice this morning and it is like I am in a fog? Are any of you experiencing this along with me? Please tell me it is normal. The closer the date gets----the more forgetful I am becoming!!!!:cry: :confuse: HELP!!! My family is going to disown me-----

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2002, 06:06 AM
Short Term Memory Loss

YES, you really are fine. I have a very distractible nature which helps me prioritize, multitask, and focus on hard projects ... but I can't remember which boss just left or went into the bathroom, let alone if I'm supposed to say "good morning" or "good afternoon" when the phone rings (my boss told me I had to and, after over a year of not being able to get it right and being made fun of, I've casually dropped that embarrassing part ... I think he knows I'm not faking it, I really can't get it right).

The bad part is that is my normal weakness !!! It's much worse lately (I'm scheduled for 4/10) and is somewhat affecting my stronger areas ... but will get better. It is weird and does feel like our minds took a powder break, but it's very emotional. Not like crying all the time (some more, some less), but still a valid preoccupation of the mind and thoughts.

Hang in there.
Unread 03-23-2002, 06:18 AM
Short Term Memory Loss

This is so natural, I think there is a part of your brain that is preoccupied with the upcoming event that you get "blanked out" somehow! I am sure that this has happened to all of us. However, do not think this will magically disappear after your surgery! Check the post message board for I've been HAADD. You will get a few laughs and also have a heads up on what might happen when you get home from the castle. The whole thing is temporary......just tell your family to hang in there! There are better days ahead!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2002, 07:03 AM
Brain Fog!

I have terrible brain these days. Seems ever since I started on the Lupron in Feb, my brain has been mush. And the fact that I have surgery 1 month from today, it seems to make it even worse. You are totally normal! I too feel as if my family will disown me, but they are understanding. Things will be just fine.
Unread 03-23-2002, 01:10 PM
Short Term Memory Loss

You described what I've been going through. My kids now ask me to repeat what they've just said to me. Half the time I can't. LOL. When I find them eating ice cream 10 minutes before dinner I no longer ask them who gave them permission to have dessert first. I'm just hoping my husband hasn't mentioned some blonde and I've sent him on his way with a, "sure honey, have a great time."

Cyndi
Unread 03-23-2002, 01:13 PM
Short Term Memory Loss

You described what I've been going through. I had my second shot of lupron mid Feb and my castle date is on Thursday. I don't know which is the bigger contributor to this fog. My kids now ask me to repeat what they've just said to me. Half the time I can't. LOL. When I find them eating ice cream 10 minutes before dinner I no longer ask who gave them permission to have dessert first. I'm just hoping my husband hasn't mentioned some blonde and I've sent him on his way with a, "sure honey, have a great time."

Cyndi
Unread 03-23-2002, 07:44 PM
Short Term Memory Loss

Am I ever in a fog and I'm in double trouble because my thyroid levels also decided to take a hike to the hypo side.

My surgery date is April 2nd and I'm getting worse the closer the day is getting.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register