Endometriosis | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometriosis Endometriosis

Unread 03-23-2002, 10:07 AM
Endometriosis

Hi I havent had a hysterectomy as of yet, but i look for my doctor to suggest it, I have been having problems for over 2or 3 years now,it is really bad .My sister in law is blessedforsure on here, she has helped me so much. I dont know what I would do without her. She has had the same problems i have now , I have a Endometrial fybroid tumor on the back of my uterus, and my doctor is doing explorator surgery the 16th of April and i am really scared of what they may find, He is also going to do a D&C and laser surgery to burn off the tumor, I have been in so much pain I just want it to be all over with. I have been on lortab 7.5's and i am almost out and I try not to take it unless i have to . My day consists of me on the couch with a heating pad on my stomach and under my butt. :cry: lol I have tried every otc meds that are available to me adn they dont even touch the pain, and all the lortab does is make it to where i can function throughout the day. Is there anyone that has any suggestions on what i should do that may help the pain that i am not doing now? I also need to know if you think that my doctor will write me more pain meds if i call him i wil be out today? Please help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Endometriosis

livinforthelord,

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. As for if your doc will give you more meds, call him and let him know you need some more pain medication to get you through. If the Lortabs only take some of the pain and not enough, let him know. Maybe he can give you something different (as sometimes our bodies get use to one pain med and it may not work as well in the future). I doubt your doc will have a problem with it. You won't know till you try. Please let us know what he says and take care.
Unread 03-23-2002, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the advise

Hi Amy, thank you for the reply I really appreciate the advise, I really need someone to talk to while I am going through this, it really helps. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2002, 01:07 PM
You Are Very Welcome

I am glad I could offer you some advice. This place is great, everyone supports everyone here. If you have anymore questions or concerns, post them.

Take Care
Unread 03-23-2002, 01:55 PM
hey sis

Told ya this site was great and these women wonderful... You wil find comfort and support beyond what I can offer..some here have went thru excatly what you are and know how you feel.. You know I love ya sis and will stand by you...I just thought you would love this site as much as I do...That is why I brought you here!!!
I will always remain in
for all my sisters on here!!!!!!
Unread 03-23-2002, 06:41 PM
Re: hey sis

Quote:
Originally posted by blessed4sure
Told ya this site was great and these women wonderful... You wil find comfort and support beyond what I can offer..some here have went thru excatly what you are and know how you feel.. You know I love ya sis and will stand by you...I just thought you would love this site as much as I do...That is why I brought you here!!!
I will always remain in
for all my sisters on here!!!!!!
Thanks min, i really appreciate all you have dont for me. love ya :
Unread 03-23-2002, 06:43 PM
Re: You Are Very Welcome

Quote:
Originally posted by Amy S
I am glad I could offer you some advice. This place is great, everyone supports everyone here. If you have anymore questions or concerns, post them.

Take Care
Hi agian Amy, just one more question, if you can answer it,lol I have pain using the bathroom is that normal?? :confuse:
Unread 03-23-2002, 07:02 PM
Re: Re: You Are Very Welcome

Quote:
Originally posted by livinforthelord
Hi agian Amy, just one more question, if you can answer it,lol I have pain using the bathroom is that normal?? :confuse:

Depends on what type of pain. If its at the exit/entrance of your rectum (sorry to be graphic) and only hurts upon you passing the movement, then I would think so.. as long as its not really (and I mean REALLY) bad. If you are passing any blood... to include even just a little, call your doc. I have pain when passing movements, but mine is caused from the narcotics making everything hard (again, sorry to be graphic) I have been taking a stool softener the past few days, its better but not totally. To be on the safe side, since everyone is different, you might want to talk to your doc about that pain you are having. Best wishes and let me know what happens. (after talking to doc)
Unread 03-23-2002, 07:28 PM
Endometriosis

Well the pain isnt when it comes out it is in the bottom of my stomach and it is like someone is in there twisting and pulling on my insides, i am not sure if there is any blood because i have a dark discharge and it is thick like,(sorry for being so graphic,lol)
I read on a site that painful bowel movements is a symptom of Endo, so I am not sure what to do, I know it sure isnt normal.,
It is such a comfort to me to have you and everyone else on here to help me out. I really appreciate it. my husband tries to help but he is a man and they just dont understand.you guys are an Thanks again
Misty :

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register