Painful Bowel movements | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Painful Bowel movements Painful Bowel movements

Unread 03-23-2002, 06:56 PM
Painful Bowel movements

Hi, I have been having difficulty using the bathroom , i know this is a gross topic, but it scares me to death because i am having some major pain when i go. anyone out there have any idea why this is happening and what i can do to help it.?? I will really appreciate it.. Also i want all that prays to for me please. I really believe in . Thanks to you that have been so helpful i think this site will help me a great deal with my thoughts and problems. You ladies are truly something else.

thanks again,
Misty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2002, 11:01 PM
Painful Bowel movements

Hi Misty. Yeah, it hurts for a while. Using a stool softener like Colace will help, as will drinking all the water you can and eating vegetables. Gas is the worst. I felt a gas bubble moving and thought I'd pass out before I passed gas. Walking will also help with both problems. Hang in there, it gets better.
Unread 03-24-2002, 12:17 AM
Painful Bowel movements

Drink lots of water. I also found that eating some fiber foods helped. (Oatmeal was my breakfast for the first 10 days.)

I believe that praying makes the recovery go better and faster.
God is the ultimate healer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 04:37 AM
Painful Bowel movements

I'm 3 months post-op and I will tell you that it does get better - there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Drink your 8 glasses of liquid a day, eat a lot of fiber and fruit and veggies. I found a couple of glasses of orange juice each day helped, too. Walk a lot.

Lamaze breathing helped me through the bowel movements. They were very painful for the first 3 weeks and then the pain tapered off. I don't remember them being painful for a while now. I think bm's were completely bearable by week 6.

Avoid constipating foods.
Unread 03-24-2002, 09:01 AM
Hi Misty

It appears that you have not had your surgery yet. Am I right? I think all of the posts were giving you great advice and encouragement for after your surgery. Yes, I think we all have some discomfort then and for most it goes away anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
However if you are in this much discomfort before surgery please call your doctor right away. There maybe something going on that he can correct before or during surgery. But you don't want to go into surgery with a problem.
Please let us know how your appointment goes.
Unread 03-26-2002, 12:05 PM
Painful Bowel movements

Are you having gas or pain??? I have pain when I go to the bathroom also, like my ovaries hurt, and my doctor says its because of adhesions that are aound everything...so that may be your problem..
let me know
Christine
Unread 03-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Painful Bowel movements

Hi ... glad you posted, as there isn't enough of "that" information floating around society.

My deep rectocele has caused alot of pain (haven't been able to "go" painlessly since November/December). My recto-vaginal tissue is very weak ... and the pain is added to by two things in my case: my dropping and chronically inflamed cervix bulges into the rectal space, and my uterus is also tilted backward, leaning on the top portion of the rectum. This all makes for some pain as well as that "full" feeling when it's not.

Tell your doc in "total" detail what's going on with you ... it's embarrassing, but very worthwhile, as you don't want to live in that kind of pain and have whatever it is just get worse.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register