4 days post op here's my story | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post op here's my story 4 days post op here's my story

Unread 03-24-2002, 03:20 AM
4 days post op here's my story

my daughter and stepson took me to the castel I was on edge
so I chatted some what about dumb things and giggled alittle to much
but once at the castel I had to sign in and wate
in just a few minutes I was took back to a holding room where I had to put on the castel gown and put to bed then a nurse came and took my temp and listen to my lungs everything was ok so at 8:30 am I was took to another room where as it turned out the nurse that put in my I V was the mother of my daughter best friend
she numbed my hand and I didn't feel the needle at all
then the A guy came in and I talked with him and my doctor came in and we talked and went over again what he was doing and how he was doing it then the A guy said that he was giving me something to help me relax and that's the last thing i remember
when I woke up I was in my privete room with my hubby my daughter and son in law and my mother and aunt
I found out they gave me something to keep me from getting sick
so I didn't have that problem
I didn't get the morphin pump but my nurse sure did stay on top of my pain cause I didn't even feel the packing
the next morning the doctor came in took the packing out
I had a regluar beakfast then got to take a shower then I started to walk then the gas started to move thursday night I asked my nurse if I could have some prune juice and she gave it to me with a cup of milk of magnesia to chase the prune juice down by friday I had my first BM it I was afraid it was going to hurt but it didn't
doctor said that because I had run a slight fever thursday night that I would have to go home sat. if I kept my fever down
but by 3 OO.pm my doctor said that I was doing better and if my fever was still ok at 4 oo p.m then I could go home at 5 pm friday
so the took the cathered out but i could not go pee on my own so the put it back in I have to leave it in till tuesday and then take it out myself and drink lots of water the go to the doctor at 10 00 am and if I can go pee on my own then the cathered stays out but if I can't then back in it goes
the doctor said that if my temp. goes up to 101 then i am to go back to the hospital and they would have to put my I v back in and feed me antibiocites that way so I am praying that my tempp don't go up
and the best part about this is I have stopped :smokin:
well I got to run the Pillow are coming to get me
s ladypeewee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 05:09 AM
Thinking of you!

Hey ladypeewee,

Glad to hear your castle days went as well as mine. I just remember waking up in such pain..... I did get a Morphine pump and that night, I awoke to the Morphine "itch". They gave me some benedryl to stop the itch and it did stop. To say the least, I didn't push that little button again! I was changed over to Demerol which I did get to bring home. I have taken very few since I have been home. My only problem is I can't sleep! I can lay in the bed and rest, but I can't sleep hardly at all! I was getting a little stir crazy last night so DH took me for a little ride in the car. I am so glad you were able to quit smokin! Unfortunatly, I was not able to. Hang in there and keep my posted to how you are feeling!

((((Cheryl))))
Unread 03-24-2002, 06:06 AM

Welcome home newly crowned

GLad things are going well for you and hope they continue to.

Thos must be some pretty good drugs they sent ya home with, huh?

's (gentle ones)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 09:56 AM
Hi Ladypeewee

First let me send you a BIG : and on your success in giving up smoking! WOW

Keep taking good care of yourself and watch that temp.

Remember to get lot's of rest. Sounds like the pillow police are patroling your neighborhood!

Unread 03-24-2002, 01:07 PM

I'm so glad things went well for you! And congratulations on quitting smoking! Sounds like you have a whole new lease on life and health!!

Remember all your good princess training, keep resting and drinking lots of water & juice, and take your little walks around the house.

Your new crown looks great!!!

Karen
Unread 03-25-2002, 03:42 AM

Congrats on quitting smoking. I too quit smoking for surgery and it has been 6 months and still no smoking. You can do it!!! I am glad you are home and on the rode to recovery. Best wishes to you
Unread 03-25-2002, 03:43 AM

Hi, Ladypeewee,

I am glad you're back home and doing so well. Congratulations on stopping the smoking !!

's

Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register