Surgery was 3/20 home on 3/22 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery was 3/20 home on 3/22 Surgery was 3/20 home on 3/22

Unread 03-24-2002, 09:24 AM
Surgery was 3/20 home on 3/22

Hello Sisters,

My surgery was on Wednesday 3/20 at 9:30Am and I was home in my own castle on Friday 3/22 by 12 noon. I am writing this to let all of the ladies in waiting know that I am still amazed at how smoothly it all went.

When I realized that I was in the recovery room after my surgery I took a deep breath and said to myself "the waiting is over". I flet such a sense of relief it was wonderful.

Don't get me wrong I have discomfort in my belly and getting from a lying to sitting position takes abit of manuevering but i don't have the pressure on my bladder that I constantly had nor do I have a strange sensation on my L side that I constantly had. Everything since surgery has been pretty much what I expected, thanks to all of the hints that I have gotten on this web site.

The hardest thing for me is to listen to my DH and relax, relax and relax.

I will keep checking back to hear updates on the other sisters that had surgery on 3/20.

My best to all of you.
With a warm heart,
Suzgal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 09:37 AM
Welcome home to you!

Hi Suzgal!

So happy to hear that your surgery went well. Good luck now that you are home. Take it easy on yourself, sounds like you have a loving family that sees YOU as the MORE important thing than all the little tasks that need done. Listen to them and relax!!

I am not a LIW yet. I am trying to decide whether I want surgery or not. I read all of the sister's posts to hear how everyone is doing after and before surgery and hoping to learn from all your experiences. Take care and know that you are brave and you are helping others in the same situation by writing!

Thanks and,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!
:dance2:
Unread 03-24-2002, 09:48 AM
Welcome Home Suzgal

So glad to hear that all went well at the Castle and that you are home. Yes, I think we all have such relief when it is over that it makes the soreness so much easier.

Remember to and

Keep taking good care of yourself.

Thanks for posting the encouraging words for all the

Hugs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 10:33 AM

Welcome home and glad to hear things are going well for you. Take care and thanks for letting us know how you are doing.
Unread 03-24-2002, 02:45 PM

Hi Suzgal,
Thanks for updating us and for the words of encouragement for all the other ladies in waiting!

Please listen to your family and rest as much as possible. It sounds like you are doing really well, but if you are accustomed to lots of activity it does get boring just laying around the house, day after day. The payoff will be great, however. Now is the time to really let your energy go to healing your body. Believe me, I was VERY impatient but my DH was a tyrant about not letting me do anything. He was right and I had a great recovery because I had such good care at home and didn't rush it.

Fill us in on how you're getting along after you've been home a few more days. Isn't it great to have all that waiting over with?

Beth
Unread 03-25-2002, 03:37 AM

Welcome home, I am so glad you are doing well. Thanks so much for posting, I am sure all the LIW love to hear positive stories.

Speedy recovery to you!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register