Painful Intercourse | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Painful Intercourse Painful Intercourse

Unread 03-24-2002, 11:15 AM
Painful Intercourse

Hi, I have been diagnosed with endo , I have to have surgery the 16th of April but there is a problem I am married to a wonderful man and eveytime we have sex I am in so much pain during and afterward that it makes me not want to have sex ever again Is there any way I can still have sex and it not hurt as bad, anyone with any advise can please let me know
Thanks,
Misty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 12:05 PM
Painful Intercourse

All I can suggest is mutual masturbation until after healing from the surgery. My husband and I have been having to do that for a year. Its amazing how many ways you can pleasure each other. With love all things are possible
Unread 03-24-2002, 12:46 PM
Painful Intercourse

hi,
I'm in the same boat you are. my dh and I have not been able to have sex for about 3 months. It just got so it hurt all the time.. I told my doc this and he says try the spoon position with both of you laying on your sides. we did and it was better but I also tld my doc that I really don't feel the desire.. he says" well if I came up and punched you in the arm everytime I saw you would you want me around" I thought that was a good way to put it . I laughed.. anyway I would either stick with the other ways to pleasure eachother without penetration or you might try the spoon position... hope that works for you.. hope all goes well with your surgery.

I'm having TAH/BSO with bladder birch. and lots of other repairs. on april 4th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 02:32 PM
Painful Intercourse

Dear Misty,

So sorry to hear about the painful intercourse ... unfortunately, this is pretty common with ladies who have endo. I don't have any good advice for how to have intercourse that is not painful, while you wait for surgery. DH and I were in the same boat ... it's no fun and can be hard on a marriage.

But the good news is that sex is not painful for us anymore!! Of course you CANNOT have intercourse for at least 6 weeks after surgery (but ask your doc to be sure because some ladies must wait longer if they aren't healing properly). After that, I hope you'll find that the pain is gone. DH and I were scared at first, expecting it to hurt, but the pain is gone! So there is something wonderful to look forward to ... try to be patient and think positively about the outcome.

Beth
Unread 03-24-2002, 03:44 PM
Painful sex

Hi guys thanks for the advise, I will try some of what you all told me to try, gotta try something to keep my man happy, I dont think he woud stray if I didnt but I dont want him to have to do without, Ya know what I mean? Anyway, I will keep you all posted on my condition and let you know how my surgery goes. Thanks again guy's ,:

Misty

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register