symptoms before surgery | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

symptoms before surgery symptoms before surgery

Unread 03-24-2002, 01:13 PM
symptoms before surgery

I would like to know if there is anyone out there that this has happed to:
After 9 years of problems and 2 surgeries my Doctor and I decided it was time for a hysterectomy. So we scheduled the surgery for 3 months later because of Easter break and the kids could go to their grandparents for 9 days after I get home from the hospital. Since this was scheduled my symptoms have stopped. I have had three periods and no bleeding in-between.
I know that they will eventually return they always do but I thought this was strange. Has this ever happened to anyone else after scheduling their surgery????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 01:18 PM
symptoms before surgery

That scenario hasn't happened to me, but hysterectomy is a big decision. It sounds like you're not sure this is the right time. I'm a big advocate of following your instincts. Maybe you have doubts you still need to explore? Or maybe you're just not ready. Doesn't mean you won't be ready tomorrow, or next year. But I think it's good to wait till you're really ready. My 2 cents.

Good luck!

Melissa
Unread 03-24-2002, 01:46 PM
symptoms before surgery

Diane,
I've read many posts here from ladies that scheduled their hysts, then their symptoms seemed to vanish ... for awhile. Every time I had a day without much pain, I'd wonder why I was considering a hyst. Then after I scheduled my hyst, when I had a day or two without pain, I'd start the questioning all over again.

I don't think this is all that unusual. Likewise, many ladies report that they have the period from hell right before their surgery. Many of us do get that confirmation at the last minute that we're doing the right thing. The day of my surgery I was in terrible pain (endo). The day after surgery when my gyn came to see me, I told him that I was really feeling like sh_ _ the day of surgery. Now he teases me about that ... tells me that as long as I don't tell him I feel like sh_ _, he's happy.

I hope you can feel more at peace with your decision soon. I'm sure you and your doctor thought long and hard about this. Our bodies can play tricks on us sometimes, unfortunately. Let us know how you are doing. Sending big hugs your way.

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 03:29 PM
symptoms before surgery

The same thing happened to me. I felt GREAT the week before my surgery. The whole week I felt good. I kept thinking I was making a huge mistake. Well on Friday before surgery (monday) the pain was killing me!!!!!!! Saturday it was still painful. By Sunday I knew I made the right choice. Our bodies DO play tricks on us. I can't tell you how many times I thought I might be pregnant so and didn't get a period for weeks and weeks, then take a test and it was negative and that day get my period. I always said that was my body playing games. Go with your gut on this one. Talk to your Dr. again if you are having second thougts, sometimes they can remind us of all we have been going through. Good luck to you.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register