stomach spasms(Ulcers) | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stomach spasms(Ulcers) stomach spasms(Ulcers)

Unread 03-24-2002, 03:24 PM
stomach spasms(Ulcers)

has anybody here gotten ulcers from their pain medicine? I've been taking Aleve for menstrual pain for a long time. My dr. prescribed Anaprox a few months ago. I started getting these really bad stomach pains on Friday and still have them. I feel like someone is twisting my intestines and jabbing me. I double over in pain when I get them. I first though it was a stomach bug, but I am able to eat and drink milk which make it a little better. Has anybody gotten this from pain medicine? I am planning to call my doctor tomorrow, but I'll probably have to end up going to my PCP for this. I thought I had enough with my pelvic pain. I didn't need anything else on top of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 04:43 PM
stomach spasms(Ulcers)

How awful that the stuff that's supposed to END the pain is giving you more pain.

Definitely get in touch with the doctor right away, and let them know exactly what's going on. Please let us know how you're doing!!

Karen
Unread 03-24-2002, 07:10 PM
pain meds pain

Dear Meg,
After several days on Orudis I began to get awful stomach pains--but it took me a couple days to make the connection.

The directions said "take with food & water", which I did. In hindsight, I realized that yogurt I was eating along with the capsules was the low-fat variety... it wasn't adequately coating my stomach!
If I ever need pain meds again I'll be sure to take them in the middle of a more substantial meal containing some fat to better protect my stomach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 02:09 PM
stomach spasms(Ulcers)

thanks guys. My DH took me to the emergency room last night because the pain was just getting worse and I was scared and nothing relieved it. They gave me something to coat my stomach and make me sleepy. I'm feeling much better today. I hope this works. Now, I don't want to take my pain killers anymore. I guess I'll see what happens.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register