To All LIW PLEASE READ!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

To All LIW  PLEASE READ!! To All LIW PLEASE READ!!

Unread 03-24-2002, 03:52 PM
To All LIW PLEASE READ!!

I posted this on the post op board my mistake, so if you want the long version please go there.

I want to beg all ladies in waiting to follow all doctor's orders to the T!!

I had a LAVH on 3/18/02 and was released from the hospital on 3/20/02. A few days later on 3/23 I decided I felt fine and needed to do some house work. (My husband begged me not to.) I did the dishes and picked up some things from the floor. I continued on and didn't give much thought to what I was doing to my body. The next morning I got up and got my daughter ready for church and was working on getting me ready when it hit me. PAIN!!! My body was punishing me for the day before.

I know that some of you will not feel as bad as you thought you would. (That was the case for me.) Even though you may feel fine, your body is healing and when it is time for you to resume your lifestyle, your BODY AND your DOCTOR will let you know when it is okay to do so. Trust me when I say that a few days out of the hospital will not be the time to resume normal activities.

I don't want anyone to think I am being harsh, so I apologize if it seems that way. I just don't want anyone to have to learn the hard way.

I am praying for all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 04:22 PM
Hi Cindy

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with all the
I know for me I felt great the first 2 weeks. I think so much of it was just relief that it was over and I was okay. So I do know it is easy to overdo.
I hope you are feeling better and I trust you will be glued to that couch or bed for the next few weeks. Short walks aside.
Reminder ladies, this is major surgery and a shock to our bodies. Also, there are lot's of internal stitches that will take alot of time to heal. Here's something I read pre-op that bears repeating
"Heal Now or Heal Later" your choice.
I do think most recoveries are easier and shorter if you really pamper yourself like a good
Take it sloooooow and eazzzzzzzzy!
Unread 03-24-2002, 04:41 PM
To All LIW PLEASE READ!!

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's not easy to admit we have made a mistake...but when we do, our bodies will remind us!

We get one chance to heal...we owe it to ourselves to allow the time to do it right. Everything else will wait!!! No dirty dish or dustbunny is worth a lifetime of complications.

Again, thanks for your honesty and kindness in sharing this with us.

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2002, 04:49 PM
To All LIW PLEASE READ!!

Thanks for the warning. I know many of us think we're going to be able to do things that we shouldn't, far too soon

What sticks in my mind is the night I was waiting in the surgery waiting room for my husband as they tried to put his finger back together. THat went well. But I felt so bad for this one man. His wife had had a hysterectomy the week before and she was feeling so good that she decided on her own to do a load of laundry. As she lifted the wet clothes out of the washer she started hemorrhaging. Her husband was in tears because the doctor didn't know if they could save her. I never found out what happened but I sure prayed for them that night.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register