Home from 3/20 surgery | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from 3/20 surgery Home from 3/20 surgery

Unread 03-25-2002, 07:40 AM
Home from 3/20 surgery

Hi everyone. Had my surgery on 3/20 at 10:00 and don't remember much until I was in my room at 3:00. Surgery took right around 2.5 hours. No major problems, just a cautious doc I guess.

Pathology came back before I was released Friday (did sooo well they let me go home a day early!). Nothing major to report. The uterus was enlarged, but showed no signs of adenomyosis. Cysts on my ovaries and fallopian tubes were sent and luckily came back benign! And I was able to keep my ovaries!! He took the appendix after he saw that one year after a laparoscopy, the scar tissue from the c-section had grown back up around it. Pathology said it was even more scarred on the inside than the outside and I was lucky that it had not ruptured before now.

The only other thing the doc saw but could not be sent to pathology because it was just blood, was that he saw blood in and around my entire abdomen. Dark blood clots, almost black. There were no signs of endometriosis, so he can only believe that I have been bleeding into my abdomen for quite some time.

Now, that will all stop!! Yipee. He even cut out a 2-inch area where my previous c-section scar was (naval to pubes) and gave me a I guess a very mini-tummy tuck. I was up and out of bed the next day - catheter, IV, and leg hose came out/off the next morning and I was up walking around the entire day and next, with the exception of the resting!

The worst pain I've felt so far is gas pains!! And the unfortunate first visit by my hemmoroid! Yuck!!

I'm sore and still a tad shaky, but otherwise, I'm great. I was so nervous but it was all for nothing.

To all the other LIW, try not to worry. I know it's hard. Always remember why you are having this done and know that it is so much better. I am only 5 days post op and feel so wonderful - so much better than I could possibly imagine.

My pillow police had to go back to work for a few days, but I promised to be a good princess and rest, drink, eat, and walk, so I better go do that. I'll write again when I can.

Take care and God bless you all and this wonderful site that has helped so many of us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 08:30 AM
Home from 3/20 surgery

You sound terrific! Glad to hear your surgery went well. I kind of like the idea of a mini tummy tuck!

Rest and drink lots of H20!!
Unread 03-25-2002, 08:38 AM
Home from 3/20 surgery

Thanks so much for the post. It's nice to hear from people when they get home and say the waiting was the worst part...my surgery is one week away and I keep thinking..."Next week at this time..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 08:41 AM
Hi Kristy

Welcome home. I am so glad to hear that all went well.
Thanks for posting how well you are doing. I know it is so helpful to those still waiting.
Remember to and
And enjoy the pampering.
Unread 03-25-2002, 05:49 PM
Home from 3/20 surgery

Hi,
We had surgery the same day... and I am happy to say all went well for me too. All the reports came back benign... just the fibroids... had no problems with anesthesia, and I am not in any real pain. Congratulations on an uneventful surgery... and he is looking foreward to an uneventful recovery period...

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register