I am having a TVH on Wed. REALLY UPTIGHT!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am having a TVH on Wed. REALLY UPTIGHT!!! I am having a TVH on Wed. REALLY UPTIGHT!!!

Unread 03-25-2002, 09:26 AM
I am having a TVH on Wed. REALLY UPTIGHT!!!

Hello Everyone,
I have just become your new princess in waiting. I am having a TVH on Wed. and the nerves have really kicked in. I have been reading and reading all the post here and you are a super bunch.
You have really given me some wonderful advice and lots of info.
I feel very prepared, but like everyone else am really having the nerves. Thanks for being here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 09:42 AM
Hi Christie

Just wanted to send you a BIG
The pre-castle nerves are very normal. It will soon be over though.
All I can say is try to keep busy, go for a wonderful , listen to your favorite and just get a head start on being a pampered
We're here for you! You're going to do just fine.
Unread 03-25-2002, 09:46 AM
welcome!

Hi, Christie! Welcome to HysterSisters--best site for support and comfort and info! Glad you're finding some useful info and support here. As you know, we all were apprehensive and nervous about this personal, major surgery. But most of us came through without serious complications and feel so much better afterwards. What is your diagnosis? Feel free to ask any question and be sure to read the pull-down menus on the home page. s and best wishes to you!
Ruthie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 09:53 AM

I have a prolapsed uterus and cervix. I have been having pain in my lower abd for about 10 years (since the birth of my first child) but wrote it off to everything else. I have a super Dr. now and he tells me this is why my abd and back hurt and my periods are extremely heavy and passing large clots and have pressure on my bladder and rectum. I stay tired all the time and have suffered really bad for the past 2 months. Sounds like I am going to get all fixed up. At least I hope so! I do have one question, Does everyone get shaved for this? I have not seen an answer to this question anywhere?
Unread 03-25-2002, 01:20 PM

Hi, Christie! Yes, I think you will be feeling fixed-up and have more energy when you're not losing so much blood every month. As for shaving, it depends on if you are having an abdominal or vaginal hyst. If it's vaginal, you might not be shaved. If it's abdominal, the nurse usually will shave the upper pubic area and abdomen. A lot of hospitals do this after you're asleep so you don't even know it's done (as well as putting in your catheter). Don't shave yourself ahead of time, because you could have tiny cuts that might get infected, and then the dr might have to postpone your surgery until they are healed! Best wishes
Ruthie
PS--I just saw you're have TVH, so you might not be shaved
Unread 03-25-2002, 05:28 PM

Hi Christie-
I know how you feel. I just found out last week that I need to have a TVH too. My problems are similar to yours. I am scared as well, and I don't even have a surgery date yet! What I have been doing when I feel that knot in my tummy is think about how bad my periods are. I think about how they land me on the couch, how I feel like I'm losing all my blood, and those nasty clots. Then I think about how nice it will be to NOT have to do go through this anymore. No more spending the big bucks on pads and tampons. I go though so many that I feel like I spend most of my time in the HBA section of my store. Also I won't have to call my DH as work anymore and say, "oh honey, could you please stop at the store and get me some more pads....you know the overnight long, huge diaper-like ones?" Then hear him grumble! But he always goes and gets them for me and never really complains about walking through the store with 2 huge boxes of pads under his arms! Just think of how much better you will feel when its all over and your resting at home. I wish you the best of luck and will be thinking about you on Wednesday.
~Jodie for you!
Unread 03-25-2002, 05:35 PM
Hug

OH! Please try not to worry yourself! I was exactly the same way! I had my TVH, etc., Friday, March 15th.
The waiting is the worst part...promise!
It will all go so much better than you had anticipated. Really. Here is a hug for you!

I look forward to seeing you on the other side. Please try to relax and enjoy tomorrow!
Unread 03-25-2002, 05:41 PM

Chrissy, like you I am also having the surgery but mine is in the morning. I am to report to the hospital at 8:30 am on tuesday. The doctor said it might be as an outpatient. I am have the LAVH, just by uterus removed. I am unsure what to bring or wear and if I do have to stay, what do I need. I am scared to death...my husband is sleeping on the couch....
Unread 03-25-2002, 08:40 PM

Hi Christie -Like you I'm having a TVH/rectocele/cystocele on April 2nd and am feeling more every day. This site it the only thing keeping me sane. I've noticed the past few days I seem to get bouts of nausea - just nerves. I will be having a phone appointment with a nurse from my hospital on Thursday so will have more details. I'm believing all the es here about the waiting being the worst part. I'm just not too crazy about the recovery part taking so long. But I guess we do what we have to do. I'm looking forward to feeling normal again down there. I thing we let it go so long that we don't know what that feeling is. Hope all goes well for you. I look forward to hearing about your trip to the castle and how being a feels. Good luck! s Pam
Unread 03-25-2002, 09:02 PM

Christie,

This web sight has been wonderful for me. I have only been on this sight for a couple of weeks and it has been a godsend to me.

My surgery is also on wed. I have to be at the hospitol at 5 am. I wish you all the best in your recovery.

Here is to you and all the other ladies in waiting who will become a rincess: on Wed.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register