WHY DO WE COUNT DOWN THE HOURS/Terrified | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

WHY DO WE COUNT DOWN THE HOURS/Terrified WHY DO WE COUNT DOWN THE HOURS/Terrified

Unread 03-25-2002, 01:20 PM
WHY DO WE COUNT DOWN THE HOURS/Terrified

Oh my the pre op made it a reality today. I thank everyone for the support and good wishes. Physically I am very ready but emotionally I am not even close. My youngest is 12 I do not want any more children. I can't figure out why I am so scared. I have had other surgeries. Does everyone count down the hours? 44 to go. I hope the waiting is the worst part. It is great to know their are others waiting and that there are supportive princesses on the other side. I think my husband does not think this a very big deal. Oh I am nervous my writing is even screwy.
:confuse:

My name means this :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 01:26 PM

Vanessa,

I know what you mean. My pre-op is tomorrow(I'll be there practically the whole day with physical, consultations and paperwork) Then in one week is the surgery. I was doing well till last night. All of a sudden I got frightened. Today I swing between frightened, confident and tears.
What doesn't help is frantically trying to get as much of my work done ahead of time. Plus worry about my husband trying to not only do his job at our lab but mine too. Plus worrying about me. After a few days(the weekend) I'll be alone from 6:00 in the morning till 6:00 at night. Everyone I know works. ......Well as you can see, I'm desparately trying to find things to worry about
Unread 03-25-2002, 01:44 PM

Hi, Vanessa and Ginny -

We can all relate to what you're going through! Ginny described me - swinging between frightened, confident and tears. And that pre-op appointment does make it seem more real!

This is major surgery, and it is very normal to be scared. I had already had major surgery before the hysterectomy, was scared before it, and am now scared about upcoming thyroid surgery. It's normal (see, I'm reassuring myself at the same time :-)).

The waiting really was the hardest part for me!

Ginny, station yourself near a bathroom and the kitchen if you can, make sure things you'll need are at about waist level (including in the fridge), ignore any mess in your house, and keep your phone and phone numbers near by just in case. My husband was able to stay home for awhile, but I really could have coped "home alone" if I'd had to. You'll do fine.

And, Vanessa, I sure counted the hours :-).

Keep reading things on this site, and hang in there, both of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 04:14 PM

I know just what you are going through. Had my pre-op today and have the same surgery date as you! I have been going through feeling terrified, being in tears and then confident about it the next minute. So I guess that it is true what all these lovely ladies tell us......the waiting is the worst part!
I wish you the best of luck with your surgery
Unread 03-25-2002, 04:33 PM

The waiting is definitely the very worst part! There is no way to really make it easier, except we have been there and know what you are going through. I guess the best thing I can say is that it is so much better on the post side, keep focusing on that! I wish you the best

Unread 03-25-2002, 05:10 PM
Hugs

Yes, the waiting was so difficult.
After it is all over, you'll find that all is not nearly as bad as you had anticipated.
Really!
Big Hugs and Best Wishes to you.
You will be in my thoughts!

Princess Lillith
TVH;A&P repair;Bladder Suspension; rectal repair;Tummy Tuck (phew!) on 3/15/02
Unread 03-25-2002, 05:17 PM

Queen, I can relate to you!!!!!!!!My surgery is 3/28! I am so worried something will happen and my surgery will get cancelled. I have been putting this MAJOR surgery for 4 years! I soooooo need and I am mentally ready for it! It is the waiting! I knew I should have worked up untill the day of surgery! Well good luck! Hugs! Angela

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register