Positive Thoughts Needed | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Positive Thoughts Needed Positive Thoughts Needed

Unread 03-25-2002, 05:27 PM
Positive Thoughts Needed

Hi Sisters,

I need some positive vibrations from all of you. My TAH is scheduled for 3/28 and I still have the bug from last week. My surgeon is keeping my pre op appointment in hopes that by Wednesday it will be gone.

As you know, the waiting is the hardest part. And I have been waiting since 1/31 for this date. And while I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my recovery, I am really anxious to get this over with. I, like all of you, am tired of feeling tired, and debilitated by the night sweats and hot flashes. I am now to the point that I can't even vacuum without stopping to take a nap.

So keep me in your thoughts and prayers so that I can make my surgery date on Thursday.

Thanks in advance!

I am resting and drinking plenty of water in order to rid myself of this cold. Any other thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 05:35 PM
Positive Thoughts Needed

Hi Shelly:
My thought and prayers are with you. I am praying you get over that cold before the big day. I'm sure you'll be just fine. I haven't had my surgery yet, but can't wait until it is over. Good luck and take care.
~ Jodie
Unread 03-25-2002, 05:38 PM
Thoughts and Prayers

You are in my thoughts and

I just know you'll be ok by then. I, too had a bit of a bug, but felt fine the day of surgery.

I'll keep you in my thoughts with prayers for health and a successful surgery! Also, a speedy recovery!

(Thats what I look like right now!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 05:44 PM
Positive Thoughts Needed

Sending good thoughts for a magically fast return to health!!! Sounds like you are doing all the right things....rest, drink fluids...make a big pot of chicken soup, too!!!

Karen
Unread 03-25-2002, 06:18 PM
Hi Shelly

Hang in there, you have had a long wait, but you're almost there!

Keep drinking that water and the chicken soup Karen suggested. It seems to work for me. You might want to check with your doctor in the morning and see if you can take extra Vit C.

Then wave goodbye to that bug!

You're in my 'ers. You're gonna make it and do just fine.

Unread 03-25-2002, 06:39 PM
Almost time??

You are in my prayers... If you ever need anything you may email me personally.. I want to be here for my sisters as they have been for me.. May God Bless and Comfort you...You are in my prayers... If you ever need anything you may email me personally.. I want to be here for my sisters as they have been for me.. May God Bless and Comfort you...
Unread 03-27-2002, 04:15 PM
Going, Going ... gone

Thanks to one and all for your prayers and kind thoughts! My surgeon has diagnosed my "cold " as severe allergies so the show will go on! I will be admitted tomorrow for a 10:30 am TAH. Continue to keep me in your thoughts!

See you all on the other side!

PS... a special thank you to Seeshelley for all of her support and encouragement. You are terrific!!!!!!!!!

Unread 03-27-2002, 06:01 PM
Hi Shelly

I'm so glad to see your post. I've been thinking of you all day.
I know the count down is hard. But keep taking those deep breaths. I had an amazing calm come over me the last day and I will try to send one your way too.
Before you know it, it will be over...and you'll be posting here how waiting was the hard part.
You know how fast a one week vacation goes? Well this week will go fast too. You'll be bouncing back real soon.
We'll have your crown ready.
See you on the otherside.
BIG
Shelley
Unread 03-27-2002, 07:38 PM
Severe Allergies and Surgery

Hi there,
I just want to let you know I have severe allergies and I had two surgeries at the end of Sept. The surgeon and anesthesiologist did a great job and took good care to see that my allergies were watched carefully. I never had a problem. (Fortunately, I get to get the same anesthesiologist for my TAH/BSO).

I was very nervous about my allergies and they did such a good job and my allergies were never a problem. I am so glad you won't have to wait extra time. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care, Kathy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register