Surgery in the morning ..help - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in the morning ..help Surgery in the morning ..help

Unread 03-27-2002, 11:15 AM
Surgery in the morning ..help

I am having my surgery in the morning too (3/28/02). I wish you the very best of luck. My the Hand of God guide your surgeon, just as I am praying that He guide the Hand of my surgeon!!!!!!!
I wish you a very quick, and uneventful recovery.
To all of the LIW...I am praying for every one of you.
Let's all kick some hyster-***!! Nothing will keep us down!
Let's roll...

Addendum-Just wanted you to know that after I had a radical nephrectomy in July I was only kept on overnight observation. I didn't feel comfortable going home so soon after such a major surgery, but I had the surgery via laproscopy (Thank GOD!), and I ended up doing fine. I was unable to urinate prior to my discharge, and I was feeling really worried about that. I ended up doing fine, but I can understand your hesitation. Hang in there!!
Oh, yeah...I decided that this time I will let anyone who wants to pamper me, pamper me. Any takers???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2002, 05:27 PM

Joy --

My surgery was done in the outpatient surgical department - I even started my day in the day surgery holding area - even though I was going to be staying in the hospital a few days. Maybe there was some confusion and your doctor meant to say you'd be reporting to outpatient surgery?

Another thought -- for a couple of my laparoscopies my doctor had me scheduled as an outpatient and then "admitted" me after surgery just to make things smoother with the insurance company. (we knew in both cases I'd need to stay overnight due to the circumstances of my surgery). Sometimes it's easier for the doctors to admit you post-op than to get approval for a hospital stay ahead of time.

good luck tomorrow!

-Leslie
Unread 03-28-2002, 02:45 PM
I am fine!

Hi everyone, I made it and I am doing fine. I did end up staying one night, which was okay with me. The weather was awful with 4 inches of snow and ice. It is now two days later and I am still sore, but doing great. Thanks for all the encouragements.

Joyce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2002, 02:54 PM

(((((Joyce)))))

I am SO glad to hear everything went well for you!! I've been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

WOW! You look BEAUTIFUL in your new shiney crown!!!! Now, make sure you follow your Dr's orders to the "T" because you certainly don't want the Pillow Police knocking on your door!

Rest, drink lots of water, take little walks around the house, rest, enjoy being pampered, rest, drink even more water, and oh yeah, did I mention rest? LOL Rest, rest, rest, and when you get tired of resting, rest some more!! It's so important to give your body a chance to rest during recovery. Remember, you only get ONE chance to heal!

Love & Hug,
Unread 03-28-2002, 08:07 PM

Welcome home Joyce!

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. And do what Tina said! The pillow police will be watching!

s
Pam
Unread 03-28-2002, 08:37 PM
just try your best to relax

I know you must be nervous and probably aren't going to get too much sleep tonight. My date is April 16th and I am really getting the jitters. Take a hot bath, drink some tea...(preferably decaf) Just give yourself a break and let someone else do all of the household stuff. When I am really scared about something, sometimes I just get out my old pictures and enjoy looking at all of the happy memories and for some reason this always makes me feel better. Have your hubby give you a nice long back rub and listen to some of your favorite music if you can't fall asleep. sometimes.......no matter what..........you just aint gonna get any sleep. If this is the case, just accept it and don't get too frustrated by it. Watch some tv. You are going to get lots of sleep over the next few days if I understand the way this all works. Good luck, sweetie and God bless.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register