April 1st, 2002 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

April 1st, 2002 April 1st, 2002

Unread 03-25-2002, 07:03 PM
April 1st, 2002

I'm having my TAH w/BSO on April 1st, 2002. I'm starting to have a slight cough, but I'm hoping it's gone by then. I have my pre-op appt on Thursday.
Wish me luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 07:09 PM
April 1st, 2002

good luck.. hope you have a speedy recovery. I'm off to the castle on april 4th. tah/bso bladder birch.
Unread 03-25-2002, 07:11 PM
April 1st, 2002

I'll say a prayer for you My surgery is April 1st too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 07:21 PM
April 1st, 2002

I'm also scheduled for April 1 - TAH. I had a scratchy throat yesterday, but seems better today. I've heard lots of comments - "You're going to have your surgery on April Fool's Day?" Just think...next week at this time...it'll be over with!! (Okay, I've been doing that all day today!!)
Unread 03-25-2002, 07:38 PM
April 1st, 2002

I told my husband that God has a sense of humor when I ended up with having this surgery scheduled on April Fool's Day
Unread 03-26-2002, 01:24 PM
April 1st, 2002

Hi LIW, I had two of my pre-ops today. It won't be long for us now! I told the doctor that I was starting to get a slight sore throat and that my daughter's throat is real bad right now. He told me that I was to let him know by the weekend and no later if we needed to cancel. He said,"do not call me on the day of the surgery to cancel." So that's the score. I'm hoping it is something that will just pass, I'm ready to get on with this surgery. Felt so good after pre-op appointments as I had all my questions answered and the doctor said, "we are going to take real good care of you." That was a reassurance Hope that all of you soon to be princesses are doing great too.
Unread 03-26-2002, 01:53 PM
April 1st, 2002

I have my pre-ops Thursday. Tomorrow (Wed) is my last day of work...at least that's been preoccupying my thoughts..I think that mentally, I'm more than prepared for this, it's just at night, when I'm in bed, before I fall asleep, or in the morning, just after I wake up, that my mind starts to wander.

Can't wait to be on the other side of this all!
Unread 03-26-2002, 10:01 PM
Let me join the April Fools Club

I am also having a total hysterectomy on April 1st. On Monday, I gave myself a unit of blood (only time for one unit, and it most likely will not be needed). Tomorrow we visit the the hormone replacement doc - I am going with Natural Hormone Replacement therapy. Thursday are pre-op appointments, where I will get more details.

I will be thinking of you all and praying for you all - strangers, yet sisters.
Unread 03-27-2002, 02:28 AM
I am a April 1st also

I am scheduled for 4/1-8am. Friday will be my last day of work. Then I will be busy with Easter baking to take to my sister-in-laws for dinner. Busy is good...keeps your mind off everthing. Can't wait to get home and see how everyone did. This sure has been a great site for advice and support. Thanks to all! :dance2:
Unread 03-27-2002, 05:20 AM
Time of Surgery

What time is everyone scheduled for surgery? I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM, which I'm sure will be no problem because I won't have slept...scheduled for surgery at 7:45 AM. Glad it's early...don't have the morning to fret.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register