April 1st, 2002 - Page 3 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

April 1st, 2002 April 1st, 2002

Unread 03-29-2002, 09:39 AM
Jerianne

I am so sorry for your postponement! If waiting the the "worst part" you are getting a double-dose of it. (Of course, at 6 a.m. on Monday, I will probably wish for strept throat, flu, cold, ANYTHING... too!)

Thank you for thinking of us - hey, think of all the advise we can give you in three weeks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2002, 09:47 AM
April 1st, 2002

LOL--I know I'm going to hear all kinds of good reports from you first week of April girls in a few weeks. I can't wait Thanks for the support
Unread 03-29-2002, 12:21 PM
April 1st, 2002

Oh Jerianne, how disappointed you must be! I can't imagine what it must feel like to be told that I have to wait an additional few weeks. Sorry to lose you as a member of the club! You can stay on as an "honorary member!"

We'll watch your posts for your new date - good luck and thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

Lynda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2002, 04:14 PM
April 1st, 2002

Just wanted to touch base and see how my surgery sisters are doing...how's everyone holding up? I'm keeping very busy, housework today, shopping, then busy all day tomorrow with travel out of town to my sister's for the holiday...right now, I'm just looking forward to having this behind me and being on the post-op board!

Love to hear how everyone is coping with the time getting closer.

Lynda
Unread 03-30-2002, 04:40 PM
My weekend

Tonight, we are going to my favorite restaurant with friends for a nice meal.

Tomorrow, I am staying home, resting and packing a few things for the hospital. The house is ready, 10 dinners ready to go in the freezer, hubby is ready. Dog is going to kennel for a few days.

I am, of course, a bit nervous - but mostly I am anxious to get these tumors out of my gut and get back to life without pain!

Best of luck and happy healing to every member of the April Fools Club! I will be praying for us all.

tgt
Unread 03-30-2002, 04:44 PM
April Fools surgery sister

Well I was doing pretty good. Going down the list of things to get done. Shopped for loose jammies - easy to fix dinners - found bld #2 at the hospital where I have to be at 7:15am on Monday. Then I started to really bleed. Here we go again. One more time! I could cry!!!!!!!
That Lupron shot did very little. The bleeding has been slight for about 3 weeks. Never did stop but got a lot lighter. Now today, I am back to where I was . Lots of blood and clots. It is making it impossible to get any thing else done and to even find the energy and the will to do stuff around the house.
I was hoping my body would not do this to me one last time. I too am totally ready to get this done and put it BEHIND me. Have plans tomorrow and hope this new bout of bleeding does not interfere with that. Then Monday off the surgery. YEAH I wish tomorrow was Monday. Best of luck to all the others.
Linda
Unread 03-30-2002, 08:08 PM
April 1st, 2002

Hello fellow members of the April Fool's Club! (And our other friends here!)

I've been busily getting ready for Monday. I've completed all of my laundry and went shopping to stock up the pantry and refridgerator. I bought a few things to keep by the bed to keep busy during my recovery. My mother has bought jammies for me so I will have nice new things to wear after surgery.

I'm very glad to be getting this over with!

Here is a question for all of you. I had my pre-op appt. on Thursday. I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 am for a 9:30 surgery. The only pre-op instructions I have is not to eat or drink after midnight before the surgery!

I have no instructions to do an enema or any other prep for surgery! Is this normal? Will they make me do that at the hospital?

I've had no blood work or any tests.

Please let me know if anyone has any feedback.

Good luck to all my fellow sisters and thanks for the support!
Dhsns
Unread 03-30-2002, 08:15 PM
instrustions

I had my reopt on Wednesday and they said no food or water after midnight on Sunday (not so much as a piece of gum or a mint or even swallowing anything when brushing the teeth) I do have to do an enema and shower with antibacterial soap. I thought I got off easy. You did even better. Maybe they will do an enema when you get there.
Best of luck.
Linda
Unread 03-30-2002, 09:20 PM
April 1st, 2002

I was also told nothing after midnight; the doctor told me they would do an enema at the hospital - I'm having a TAH. I have to be there at 5:30 for an 8:15 surgery.
Unread 03-30-2002, 10:04 PM
My Pre-op instructions

After reading your posts on pre-op instructions, I HAD to post! Isn't it interesting all the different information we each receive?

I was told to be at hospital at 6 for surgery at 8 a.m. No enema will be given. I had a pre-op on Thursday with surgeon where she went over everything with me and then over to the hospital where I was given blood tests, EKG and blood pressure.

No food after midnight - no water, no gum, etc.

Then, on Friday the doc office called to ask "Did we tell you to do a Benatine douche?" NO! So I had to go to the drug store to get this little equipment! Of course, I started my period (G-d does have a sense of humor!) this morning... but I am to do the medicated douche before I go to hospital. My surgeon also suggested I have a stool softener (Fibercon) and GasX on hand at home.

I am having a vertical incision - going over an old incision - and already have an appt. next Monday (4/8) to have staples removed and another appt. 2 weeks later (4/15) for post-op check.

One more day, Ladies!

tgt

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register