April 1st, 2002 - Page 4 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

April 1st, 2002 April 1st, 2002

Unread 03-31-2002, 05:51 PM
April 1st, 2002

Good luck sisters - I wanted to send one more post out before we go...my thoughts and prayers are with all of you - see you on the other side!!

Love, Lynda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2002, 07:51 PM
April 1st, 2002

I'm getting nervous now. I have my bag packed except for the clothes that I want to wear home, they are in the washing machine.

Of course tonight was Easter and our family had a dinner. Something I ate upset my stomach (slightly), but I skipped dessert.

See you all sometime after the big visit to the castle!
Shana
Unread 04-03-2002, 01:41 PM
I'm HOME!

Dear April Fools Club Members: I am home - arrived home before noon on Wednesday. Everything went very well, 3 large tumors were removed (2 fibroids, 1 dermoid) and my remaining ovary, uterus and cervix. Preliminary pathology reports show no cancer! I have a large vertical incision from my belly button to my pubic hair line. I am a bit sore, but getting around well, tooting a lot and am very happy to be home! Hope everyone else give such nice reports - I am waiting to hear from you.

tgt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2002, 01:50 PM
douche with period??

tgt.
I am glad its over and done with for you... I too was told to do the douche but then I figured I'd have my period so I called the surgeon and he said not to do the douche..... did you still do yours even though you had your period....??
kara
Unread 04-03-2002, 01:53 PM
Re: Douche with period

Yes, I did the douche, even though I was having my period. It was over the weekend so I didn't try to phone my doc over this - figured it couldn't hurt.

Seemed to make no difference one way or the other. They are obviously used to performing hysterectomies on bleeding women.

tgt
Unread 04-03-2002, 05:25 PM
April 1st, 2002

I'm home, too! I have a large, 9 inch incision across my bikini line. They took out my staples today before I left the hospital and put "steri-strips" in place.

I am getting around okay, but I walk like an eldery woman. I had my husband pick up my medication on the way home from the hospital and will start my hormone pills tonight. (They put a patch on me at the hospital.)

I'm full of gas and they didn't make me go #2 before I left the hospital, so I'm worried about facing that alone! I have irritable bowel syndrom, so it's hard to tell when that will happen.

I'm also bleeding...and they said that can continue for up to 6 weeks...just keep an eye on the amount! That *****! I thought I was getting rid of that problem!

It's great to see others checking back in post-op.
Love,
shana
Unread 04-04-2002, 03:36 PM
April 1st, 2002

Hi, I'm back too! I also have a small vertical incision; staples were removed this morning by the doctor and I also have steri-strips. She says they'll curl up in about two weeks and come off naturally.

I've been tooting, but haven't had a BM yet. The doctor didn't seem concerned; suggested Metamucil. Wants to make sure I've gone by Saturday.

The pain is not as bad as I expected at all. Mostly pressure. I'm able to stand up straight, but am moving slowly. My bathroom is upstairs, and the doctor said do stairs as I can; it wasn't too bad; both feet on one step, slow but do-able.

So glad to hear everyone is home and on the way to recovery.

Love to you all, Lynda

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register