bladder ? again.. | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bladder ? again.. bladder ? again..

Unread 03-25-2002, 07:05 PM
bladder ? again..

I have a problem.. please help.. I don't know if this is something to be alarmed about but, as i've said in a couple of my previous posts I have bladder prolapse. well I'm not sure if this is something new or if I just noticed. my urine seems to be coming from the vaginal opening not the normal place.. (sorry to be so graphic) but i'm a little concerned.. like I said It may have been this way for a while and its just now that i've noticed .. can someone tell me if this is normal.. if you can.
thanks so much for all the support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 07:10 PM
bladder ? again..

Ang,
I really can't help with bladder prolapse questions, but hope that someone will come along who has some experience with this. Are you having your hyst primarily because of prolapse? It's always a good idea to call your doc's office when you are concerned about things that seem abnormal. Sometimes a conversation with one of the nurses can be very reassuring and helpful, in case your gyn is not available.

Try not to panic. Meanwhile, I'll put out an SOS to see if any of our hostesses can help you.

Beth
Unread 03-25-2002, 07:41 PM
bladder ? again..

Hi Ang,

I don't have first hand experience with prolapse, either, but I did want to share with you this web page that might help:

http://pages.prodigy.com/prolapse.html/

I hope this helps; I know you're not alone as I have read many gals' postings here who have had prolapse.

HUGS,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2002, 03:28 AM
bladder ? again..

Hi Ang,

I had my hyst done for prolapses of my uterus, bladder and bowel. My bladder had dropped so far down that the urethra opening was almost at the opening of my vagina, rather than further up inside, which does make you feel as if the urine is coming out of the wrong place. Everything was pretty much falling out, and very uncomfortable. The link that Toonces provided is very good.

I agree with Beth, though, please call your doctor's office, since it's something you hadn't noticed before.

Please let us know how you are doing. I felt so much better once my surgery was over and I was all healed. You'll be a and on the other side very soon now.

's

Karen
Unread 03-26-2002, 03:22 PM
bladder ? again..

thanks ladies for your wonderful advice. I hope thats all thats happening I'm not so worried now also will call the dr. thanks again.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register