HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hyster Sisters Community Central > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Large fibroids and enlarged uterus Large fibroids and enlarged uterus

Unread 01-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Large fibroids and enlarged uterus

Hello brand New to this website and suggested by my gyno. Great place and to seek some good advise about this topic.. Let me give u a snap shot of my issues..

54 years old periods heavy every 15 days most months and fibroids are now larger than uterus and total laparoscopic hysterectomy in February 2014,, my gyno of 30 yrs told me to this 2 yrs ago I refused. Now today went to his woman associate and she said its time. We will do it and take Fallopian tubes, cervix, uterus and fibroids will keep overlies because oddly enough I'm lite years away from menopause and I still have hormones in those overlies once hot flashes come I may go on one or two hormones depends...

Right now I'm in major pain on left side after worse period ever!! It's my fibroid doc prescribed presc Advil 600 mg hardly works..

Does anyone have any relief ideas? Or experience in above.. Sorry for long intro

Thanks a bunch
Doreng:
Unread 01-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters!

Your hysterectomy date is coming up and you will probably want to find support for your pre-op questions.

The pre-op forum can be found by visiting Pre-Op Forum.

Visit the Pre-Op page for information, articles, resources and the latest pre-op discussions!

For more information about managing your journey around the HysterSisters.com site, visit New Here. General answers to basic questions about the site can be found in our FAQ.

And if you have a "mister" or other family member who wonders how they can best take care of you, visit and share this website with them: Mister HysterSisters.

Please [click here] and fill out your Member Survey. It is fast and easy and will help others to be able to provide support for your hysterectomy needs. (And you will get your first member badge!)

We are glad you registered!

Again, welcome to HysterSisters!

P.S. This is our "Introduce Yourself" forum and its purpose is to point you in the proper direction for the best support for your needs. Only staff can reply here for the purpose of helping you find your way around the HysterSisters.com website. Support by our members is offered in our support forums (links in this reply above) where you can ask your specific questions and receive replies from our members. We look forward to seeing you on the support boards of this site!
Unread 01-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Re: Large fibroids and enlarged uterus

I'm glad you joined so that you have a place to share with women who can relate!

You'll find a lot of helpful information in the Pre-Op Page resource linked in Princess Ruby's reply, plus you can start new threads on the Pre-Op message board to ask questions. Pre- and post-op members can reply to help you there.

Best wishes for your surgery and recovery!

P. S. - Please take a moment to complete your Member Survey using this link: Member Survey.
Unread 01-19-2014, 07:30 PM

Also need to change user name where do u do that?
Unread 01-20-2014, 05:29 AM

When selecting your username, the instructions (copied below) warn it cannot be changed afterwards:

Quote:
Terms of Service requires you do not create a name that references you as "Mom" or mentions children.
Maintain Privacy: Do not use your real name. Do not select a username used at other forums.
Be aware that your username cannot be changed later.
However, if there are serious privacy concerns, you can contact the Help Desk for possible assistance.

Hope that helps!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.