7 days left but who's counting? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 days left but who's counting? 7 days left but who's counting?

Unread 03-25-2002, 08:29 PM
7 days left but who's counting?

Hi everyone. I get my crown on April 2nd. Have had a few weeks to get used to it but lately my stomach is in knots! Without warning a wave of nausea comes over me just when I think I'm doing so well. This site has been an incredible help and I tell everyone I know about it. And I ordered and received my Princess Package. The gown is washed and ready to go, I use my mug every night for my French Vanilla Cafe, the crown is hanging in my room until I earn the right to wear it, and the book is by my bed ready for reading upon my return from the castle. I have my pre-op blood work tomorrow and a phone appointment with a nurse from the hospital on Thursday. She will give me the details as to when to get there, etc. I have a few diversions planned to help keep my mind occupied too. Wednesday I work what will probably be my last day at my part-time job (I work at Victoria's Secret), Thursday I'm having a new over-the-stove microwave installed and shampooing my carpets, and Monday I'm having digital cable hooked up. That should keep me busy. Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone for all the invaluable pointers - I knew nothing about any of this until I found this site. Good luck to all the LIW's being crowned before me. Can't wait to hear about everyone's trip to the castle! Pam s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 08:43 PM

Hi Pam,

You really sound great for someone who is so close. The nausea thing seems to be very natural, say all the sisters. I have started having the bad nerves and nausea thing on occasion too. It just seems to come on when it wants. Don't have to be thinking about the surgery or anything. And boy do you sound prepared. That is wonderful. I hope this week goes quickly for you. I have two weeks to go and haven't done a single thing to get ready except to read, read, read these posts. I did babysit my four wonderful granddaughters Thursday thru this Sunday, so I guess I am doing something, haha. Fun stuff, not work stuff.

Please post after your surgery to let us LIW know how well your castle visit went. Oh, but only after you are feeling up to it!

Best of Luck and s
Unread 03-25-2002, 08:49 PM

Thanks Sharina - :alarm: I'm sure we'll all be just fine. I'm even hoping to lose some weight since I won't be able to run to the kitchen all the time - or to Dunkin' Donuts! What type of hyst are you having? I'm just going to tell them I don't want to know anything. Just put me to sleep and wake me up when it's over! I'll be sure to share my castle story as soon as I can. Good luck to you and all us LIW's! Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2002, 09:13 PM

Hi Pam,

I have to laugh at the Dunkin Donuts thing. I am also hoping to lose weight too. I am quite obese with a lot of health problems to deal with. My M.D. is wonderful. He will assist in the surgery and says with the size of my tumors and all, he thinks I'll lose a good ten pounds, yippee! With 20 I have lost over the last 2 months that makes it 30. I'm excited. Lost most of the 20 lbs the first 6 weeks, so it will be great to get a jumpstart again.

I am having a TAH/BSO with bladder repair and rectal repair if necessary. Fun, huh!

When did you find this site? It sure is wonderful. I agree--put me to sleep and I don't want to know anything. I have too many questions right now as it is. I have heard that knowledge is good but too much can be trouble. I am such a nosey thing about health but sometimes I wonder if I ask too much.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register