Ladies in waiting | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ladies in waiting Ladies in waiting

Unread 03-26-2002, 09:16 AM
Ladies in waiting

Hello there,
I just want to encourage you and to say again the words that you have heard so many times already here, "the waiting is the hardest thing".

I will be three weeks post op tomorrow. There have been some rough days, but overall things have gone really well for me.

I am able to do anything as long as there is NO pain per doc. So, I am easing into activites, walks, simple household chores, etc....

I still rest often, try to drink lots of water, and generally take good care of me. I have a really supportive family and am greatly blessed in that way.

So ladies, take some deep breaths, smile, relax, and know that things will be "over" soon and the healing will begin

I would be having a period this week and I dont miss it one bit

God Bless,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2002, 09:25 AM
surgery

glad your feeling good after surgery. i just got my date 4/29 and am very nervous about the pain after. did they give you pain meds in hospital. i have had 3 different surgeries trying to avoid this but the time has arrived. i am having a tah. what kind did you have? hope you get stronger every day and hope tyhe worst is over.
Unread 03-26-2002, 09:32 AM
Hi Elaine

So glad to hear you are doing so well
Thanks for letting us know. It is so encouraging for all the to read how well this can go for many of us.
Keep taking good care of yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2002, 08:35 PM
Hi Elaine

I am 3 weeks post op on Thursday and I too feel very good. I am now easing into a few chores. My DH won't let me do to much though.

I am really surprised at how good I do feel. The first two weeks I really just laid around and watched TV. I still do that, but I can drive now and I have discovered when I feel sore and swollen a frozen gelpack is great. I am not taking pain meds at all. I jokingly tell everyone I am saving them for recreational use...lol.

To the LIW, post op goes very quick so relax and recuperate!

's,
Bev
Unread 03-27-2002, 06:17 AM
((((Era))))

Hi Era,
I've been looking for you in chat and asking about you. I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well. I go on 4/16 and will remember your words - the waiting is the hardest part. I feel so knowledgeable with everything I have learned here that I'm more anxious than scared (except when I really get down to thinking about the actual "cutting"). I'm looking forward to talking with you in chat again.
Keep up the good work on taking good care of yourself!

GardenSheena
Unread 03-28-2002, 09:34 AM
Ladies in waiting

Just keep up the good thougths and stay positive.

I have three grandsons close by who get most of my "sitting" energy so I am not in chat much. I go by song of moses there tho.

God Bless,
Unread 03-28-2002, 10:11 AM
Nine days

Yep! I am 9 days post-op and I am doing remarkable well!
I too had anxiety and emotional disturbances pre-op, but through much prayer and support from my family, friends and coworkers, I got through it fine.

I know we can't do it physically with our legs right now, so let's just smile and dance in our hearts because we are all blessed to have each other!

TAH March 19, 2002 and I kept the ovaries. Huge fibroids, persistent menstrual bleeding, hemorraghic endometriosis, and excessive menstrual pain. My uterus was completely attached to my abdominal wall.
Unread 03-28-2002, 10:14 AM
Ladies in waiting

Hi Elaine,

Sounds like you did wonderfully! Think your mom could rent out as a personal nurse!! LOL My mom lives in Florida, but my dad is having a medical procedure one week after me, so she won't be here until I am two weeks post-op!

I just had my preop visit today, so I'm a "ready to get this over with" LIW! My surgery is on Wednesday.

Just want you to know you made my day with your good report!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register