Frustrated and in tears! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustrated and in tears! Frustrated and in tears!

Unread 03-26-2002, 10:44 AM
Frustrated and in tears!

Okay, here is the deal. I received a call from the hospital today to make my pre-op appointment. So far so good... Then as we were getting off the phone the nurse says for me to bring in my authorization number from the insurance company. So I call the doctors office and found out that Tricare has not faxed them the autorization yet.
Now, I call Tricare. They have me down as having my surgery on the 3rd but there is a problem. There is approval for one of the procedures but not the other so they don't have authorization yet. Now I am waiting for them to call me back to find out what the hold up is and why only one thing is approved so far. As if I am not nervous enough about everything. What could possibly be the problem. I am only scheduled for a TAH with possible BSO. This is crazy, frustrating and more stress than I need right now.
oh, yeah, and I am fighting a cold!
Sorry, just needed to vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2002, 10:56 AM
Insurance

Nothing I can say will calm your nerves. But PLEASE don't worry about this insurance stuff.
I had a TVH;A & P repair;bladder suspension;rectal repair;tummy tuck....and I was only approved for a 24 hour stay in the hospital!!!!
My Dr. took care of it. I ended up staying for 48 hours.
Rather than trying to deal with the insurance company, call the Dr.'s office and speak with the Dr. Tell him/her the situation. He/she may not know. Generally the Dr's LOVE to call these insurance companies and speak with the idiots in charge of "approving" this stuff. They usually have NO background in medicine. I know that my Dr. found it amusing!
Anyhow, it will do you no good to upset yourself right now. Let the medical people know what is going on. They will take care of it.
You are in my thoughts!
:
Unread 03-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Frustrated and in tears!

I just want to say I know what you are going thru with Tricare. I had called Tricare a week before my Pre-op appt for my authorization number which I recieved after punching in all my info., well to make a long story short when I arrived for my pre-op appt. Tricare said I was not even in their system. Thank goodness the doctor's insurance clerk understood how Tricare works or should I say doesn't work and finely after an hour on the phone everything was cleared up and I was able to have my surgery as scheduled. Hang in there I know that dealing with Tricare can drive you crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2002, 03:59 PM
Frustrated and in tears!

I hate Tri-care!!! They gave me nothing but grief. They denied my surgery at the last minute and I didn't know until the day of that it was finally approved. I did apply for a quick reconsideration by fax and finally my doctor called them and faxed them that day. Finally that did the trick. I can really empathize with you where Tri-care is concerned...

Good luck to you, the waiting to hear from them is worse than the surgery!

Cindy
Unread 03-27-2002, 04:17 AM
Frustrated and in tears!

Thanks leetie and Cindy and Lillith. It is nice to hear from others that are going through the same thing. Sometimes it feels like because I am a military spouse, no one knows what I am talking about! Thanks for the support ladies!
I am nervous enough,the last thing I need is something else to worry about. I have faith though that everything is going to work out o.k. and I am focusing on the things that I need to do to get ready for my recovery.
Thank again.
Unread 03-27-2002, 09:29 AM
Frustrated and in tears!

OMG, I TOTALLY know what you're going thru right now! ME TOO!

I am at my wits end, do nothing but cry and feel like I'm on the edge of a nervous breakdown b/c NOBODY will help me. My insurance co tells me that there is not enough medical evidence to warrent surgery on me! OMG! And they won't tell me what they want. My Dr isn't doing a darn thing to help. The insur co won't tell me anything so I'm totally stuck. I'm waiting on old records to be faxed to my DR from my old Dr who did my lap surgery for endo. And I'm suppse to have my pre op consult on Monday....omg..talk about stress.

I am so sorry you're dealing with this too but if it's any cosulation, you're not alone! HANG IN THERE!!! KimAZ
Unread 03-27-2002, 10:12 AM
Frustrated and in tears!

Wow, Kim. I can't believe that your doctor won't help. My insurance company said they need more info from Doctor but didnt know why more info was requested. Whats that all about? But I spoke to my doctors office today and the nurse said that they have sent them the info requested and not to worry about it. She said to go ahead and go to pre-op on monday and if there are any problems to have them call her. So I am determined not to worry about it any more. I have too many other things to worry about. All of this stress has caused my spastic colon to start acting up on top of everything else. sending good thoughts your way that things work out for you. If any of them felt they way we feel every day they would never question whether or not we need the surgery!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register