Scared | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-26-2002, 06:38 PM
Scared

Okay, now I am scared. Up to this point I have been okay with this. Today my Gyn told me
"Hemmoragic" cyst I have could be filled with endometrial tissue or worse could be just a mass
with a cyst attached to it. then my mother told me that my grandmother had
ovarian cancer!! I have one week before surgery and I don't know how I will handle waiting
that long to find out. Then I will have to wait for the path report.

He also told me he about a woman that had endometrial tissue all over her colon and that she had to have a colon resection. I have had a ultrasound within the last year and a half the mass was not there then so I have a little solice in that it has not been around a long time.

This is so hard.

bbatt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2002, 07:08 PM
Dear bbatt

Sorry you are feeling scared, but we do understand. Here's a It is just so hard when you don't know what is going on.
I am glad your last ultrasound was okay though. Will they do another one before your surgery?
It sounds like you had a lot of "what if's" and "possibilities" thrown at you that may or may not pertain to you at all. Gee, I think you could have done without that. So I will that all will be well. And please try not to be too scared. Everything will probably come back okay. And remember we are here for you.
I got my pathology report in the hospital and didn't have to wait too long. My doctor was able to tell me right after the surgery that everything "looked" okay too. (Aside from what we alread knew was there.)
I've had a good hospital experience and very good recovery and wish the same for you. Hang in there.

Shelley
Unread 03-26-2002, 07:19 PM
Scared

Aww, bbatt...

Here's a big hug for you! Having just gone through something very very similar, I KNOW how scary this is. I watched my ovarian mass grow bit by bit over a year's worth of ultrasounds, afraid it was cancer, especially because my mom's sister and her first cousin both have ovarian cancer. And I discovered 4 days before my hysterectomy that I have a thyroid nodule with a 50-50 chance of being cancer (going to have surgery on it hopefully in the next few weeks and will find out. I understand your fears, believe me.

Is the cyst attached to your ovary? Mine was, and they were concerned because it DIDN'T look like a normal hemmoragic cyst. Also, do keep in mind that even with a family history of ovarian cancer, chances of having it are still really low. Odds are that it's benign. A mass with a cyst attach does not automatically equal cancer. But I know that doesn't stop you from being scared.

Just hang in there!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2002, 07:32 PM
Don't be scared!

I had several hemmorigic cysts on each ovary. My ovaries had become attached to the abdominal wall, and I had paratubal cysts

Be thankful that it is coming to an end, which I know is easier said than done. It really IS better on the post-op side!!

's and a your way!
Bev
Unread 03-28-2002, 05:08 AM
Scared

Thanks for all your support.

I feel much better today.

shelley, it is good to know you received your path report so soon after surgery.

alisa, I am glad to know everything turned out okay-thanks for the encouragement

bev, good to know someone else had these ulgy things and can be so up beat about the
whole thing.

Brandy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register