HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

My period would be due tomorrow I feel weird My period would be due tomorrow I feel weird

Unread 01-19-2014, 07:22 PM
My period would be due tomorrow I feel weird

Hi sisters!
So I would be having my period tomorrow (I'm 4 wks 2 days post-op) and I feel a little nauseous, maybe a little agitated, kind of like PMS and anxious. I'm not sure why I feel anxious. I should feel happy and excited that I won't be bleeding to death managing my life from my bed for a week, but I feel stressed. I wonder, too, if the nausea is physical or psychological - it's been two days now. What do you guys think of this? Does it make sense? Please comment. Thanks you!
Jess
Unread 01-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Re: My period would be due tomorrow I feel weird

Since you kept your ovaries, you will still have hormonal cycles, just without the bleeding. Does it feel like that?
Unread 01-19-2014, 07:34 PM

Yes, the physical part, but not nearly as bad. I feel "yucky" at worst right now vs before the surgery... I think the problem is in my head and that's worse I don't know why I'm so anxious! The first period fell on January 20th, so maybe I'm nostalgic. I want to feel happy about this. I feel confused right now.
Unread 01-19-2014, 07:42 PM

I never really kept track of when exactly my period would come, I just knew because of how I felt, but it was pretty regular. I think that I should have had mine last week and I have my ovaries and I think that I had the normal PMS BS, but because it was the first week after my surgery, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention as there was a lof of other post surgical stuff going on.

I think it will be weird for me next month.

Plus, I'm still having the same pain I had before, but how can I if I don't have a uterus? It is weird and frustrating!
Unread 01-19-2014, 07:49 PM

I know how you feel. This whole 'adventure' has been so much more of a 'head game' than I would have ever imagined! Maybe you are feeling anxious during this time, expecting something to happen, getting used to the new normal? Hope you feel better.
Unread 01-19-2014, 08:05 PM

Thank you guys. There's nothing worse than feeling alone like something is happening ONLY to you.
Unread 01-19-2014, 08:16 PM

SitTogether,
I agree, this was so much more of a head game than I expected. I've known for YEARS that this was coming and thought I had prepared myself for it, but omg, no. I've had several other surgeries and in some ways this recovery was easier, at least physically, but emotionally no. And, my doctor never told me that eventhough I still have my ovaries, I could have hormonal issues.
Unread 01-19-2014, 08:51 PM

I also felt 'yucky' and warm tea or apple sauce have helped me with that weird stomach sensation - not exactly nausea but not right either - yucky defines it better. I had mild breast tenderness when I was supposed to get my period plus some characteristic irritability...
Unread 01-19-2014, 09:08 PM

Same here. I feel like I am getting over some illness rather than recovering from surgery! I feel like this web link is my thread to sanity!!! Lol my surgery was not a surprise. But this recovery has been a trip. It does feel like two steps forward and one back. But at least it is moving forward! Good luck my friend. I know it will get better. Hang in there 💗
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:20 AM

I just "cycled" at my normal period time. Dr said it would happen. I'm ok with that now that I'm not bleeding and having amenia issues. I'm very happy that I had this surgery, glad my uterus is gone.hated wearing a tampon and felt strange when I had to wear a pad. This was the best thing that ever happened to me

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.