Finally! A surgery date! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally! A surgery date! Finally! A surgery date!

Unread 03-26-2002, 10:03 PM
Finally! A surgery date!

I found out this morning that I will be going to the castle on April 18. I was on a waiting list for this Thursday or Friday, but it wasn't looking like that was going to happen.
It's just as well, I didn't really want to be in the hospital over Easter weekend anyway.

The only problem now is, I don't know what kind of shape I'll be in for my parent's 50th Anniversary
on May 19th. It might be a really long day! I don't have to travel real far, maybe an hour in the car, and I probably won't be doing any dancing, but I think I should be able to be there.

I go for my pre-op on Apr 10, but I won't be seeing my doctor, because she'll be out of town from the 1st to the 17th! I guess I'm going to have to :email:
her my questions, and hope she answers them before she leaves. I'm not even sure if she intends to do it vaginally, or abdominally. Anyway, I guess I'm an official now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2002, 01:03 AM
official LIW !

Hi, weekycat! That's great you got a surgery date, but it is a shame you can't see your your dr before that. Is there any way you could talk to her on the phone at least, before she leaves on vacation? You deserve to know what her plans for your surgery are, and to know if she will try to do a vag hyst. I think you will feel ok a month post op, but will tire easily and might not be able to sit upright or stand for long periods. You should try to find a place where you can put your feet up occasionally during that long day. Don't push yourself--listen to your body, as we say here! s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 03-27-2002, 06:39 AM
Finally! A surgery date!

You should be ok by the party. I traveled an hour by car the first Saturday after surgery. I sat down most of the time at the show we were at, and I was tired by the time I got home, but it wasn't bad. By 4 weeks you'll be ready to get out and do something anyway to get rid of cabin fever. Rest while you're there and just enjoy being with friends and family with no need to apologise for your sitting it out a lot during the dancing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2002, 01:16 PM
Ok, my date's been changed already!

I spoke with a nurse this morning, regarding questions I had about my surgery. and she called me back to tell me that my doctor DEFINATELY wants to see me pre-op. This means that since she's going to be gone for a while, my pre-op is now on 4-24, and my Surgery is the 25th!

This brings me to just 3 weeks prior to the party. The good thing is, it's at my parents place, in a pole barn type building, so I guess if I feel the need to rest for a while, I can always go in the house and lay down for a while. Or if I want a comfy chair out there, that can probably be arranged too. I doubt if I'll be able to do their cake, but my aunt does cakes too, so maybe she can do it, and I can help out a little if I feel up to it.

I also asked the nurse if my MVP was going to be a problem, and she suggested I get my PCP to give me a referrel to the cardiologist, who can then give me clearance for surgery ahead of time, so that when I go in for my pre-op, the day b4 my surgery, they don't read the EKG and tell me I need to be seen by a cardiologist. That's all I would need is for the surgery to be cancelled! Oh well, hopefully everything will work out.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register