Got my date - have a bleeding question | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got my date - have a bleeding question Got my date - have a bleeding question

Unread 03-27-2002, 05:46 AM
Got my date - have a bleeding question

That sounds pretty gross, eh? Bleeding question......ugh!

Hey - I got a call last night from the nurse who schedules the surgeries and she said the soonest she could arrange my surgery is May 16th - personally, I'm OK with the date because my DH travels every other week and this falls into a week when he is home but my doctor said she wanted me to have it done in April and I think that was because of how large one fibroid was...I was nervous about bleeding or hemorrhaging - has anyone experienced this? Can you tell I've been reading! I'm nervous because these problems are new to me - had my first "episode" in November when I was rushed to a surgeon and admitted because they thought it was my appendix, and then voila, here I am! Man.......

PS - the nurse is going to confirm with the doctor that the date is OK, I feel I am not an emergency as far as I know but I also think I'm one of those "here's a little surprise for you" kinda person and all of this with me is so unexpected!

Heeeeeeeeeeellllllppppp! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2002, 06:00 AM

Donna, Yes I have been there!!!!!!!That is why I am having this operation!I bleed sooooooo bad! Have you tried anything else before having such a major surgery? I have had 3 surgerys to remove the fibroids. I did not want the hysterectomy. But now almost 5 years have gone by and I am almost 40 and I have 3 teens I said Take it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Take care and Good luck! Angela
Unread 03-27-2002, 06:56 AM
Hello!

Hi Angela!

I had a "search and rescue" performed almost three weeks ago which is when all my problems were found. Been married 20 years and we don't want to have children and since there are so many issues at hand, I just want it taken care of. For the longest time I just thought how I felt was getting older and the reasons my periods changed was because I was getting close to 40 but now that I know the "aches and pains" and larger blood clots are due to a medical problem, I just want it taken care of. My non-gyn physician reviewed the operative report and he believes that if we do not want children, this would be the best route for me as well. I also REFUSE to use anything like Lupron.

Bleeding like that must have been so scary - I don't do well with blood!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2002, 10:51 AM

Hi, Donna! It's good you have a surgery date now, but I know it's hard to wait for that many weeks! Once you've decided you want a hyst and it will be a good thing, you don't want to wait a long time! Hope the time will fly by and you'll be a princess before you know it. s and best wishes
Ruthie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register