Home from the castle 7 days post op | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from the castle 7 days post op Home from the castle 7 days post op

Unread 03-27-2002, 11:00 AM
Home from the castle 7 days post op

Hello ladies in waiting,

I just wanted to share my experience with you. I was told to arrive at the hospital at 5:15 last Wed. (3-20). By 6 am the nurse was in the room prepping me for surgery. This included an enema, a vaginal douche and being shaved. At 7am they came and took me to the holding area where I talked with the anestheologist and my doctor. They started my IV and rolled me into the OR. The next thing I rememeber is being in recovery and the nurses there were putting on my TED hose and SCD on my legs and the started the PCA(for pain). They gave me some medicine to get the pain under control, but I honestly don't remember it being excrutiating or anything. The doctor came in and told me they had to take one of my ovaries because there was a large cyst on it, I had endemetriosis and the large uterus filled with fibroids.

The staff then took me to my room and my husband was there waiting for me. I slept most of the day and then at 9 pm the aide came in and told me she was going to freshen me up and I was going to dangle. "Oh NO" I thought, but I did it and it wasn't that bad.

The next day I ran a temperature and had to have a chest xray done. Nothing showed up, but the doctor would not let me go home until Sunday. I am able to get around now slowly. I can do stairs slowly(and my husband will only let me do them when he is home to watsh over me). I just have to remember not to do to much, because I get worn out so fast.

I hope that my experince will be of help to you and Good luck to all the Ladies in Waiting.

Lisa Ado
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2002, 11:07 AM
Princess Lisa Ado

Welcome home, Lisa! Glad to hear your castle stay went well and that you are recovering well at home. Take it easy now, and let your body heal--short easy walks, no strenuous activity, and good nutrition/fluids. Thanks for encouraging all the LIWs! s
Ruthie
Unread 03-27-2002, 11:24 AM
Home from the castle 7 days post op

Congrats! I'm glad you're home, safe and sound... I'm sorry you lost an ovary, but glad that everything else was AOK! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us LIW.. I am getting ever so nervous and feel as if I'm gonna have a heart attack.. LOL Also, I had NO idea that they did an enema at the hospital.. ugh! I will have to ask about that... I was told I didn't have to do a colon prep the night before and now I am wondering if that means I'll have to have an enema in the hospital? yucky! I'd rather do it myself..lol Be a good princess and rest, drink and walk..

s

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register