Feeling SO very pregnant! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling SO very pregnant! Feeling SO very pregnant!

Unread 03-27-2002, 01:47 PM
Feeling SO very pregnant!

I have a fibroid tumor and an enlarged uterus (I'm thinking she said 10 cm....does that sound right?) I have extremely painful periods. For the past week and a half, I have been feeling like I did right before I went into labor with my son. I don't have my hysterectomy scheduled, yet, just know that it will be done. I've had to see a urologist, also, and will have my bladder lifted at the same time. I won't the date until April 9th, after I see my ob/gyn (after I see my urologist). Is the "pregnant feeling" common?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2002, 03:37 PM

I certainly remember feeling that way. It would differ from day to day depending on how much water I was retaining, I think. But, it's a mass in your uterus, as is a baby. So,the feelings can be very similar. I felt very 'full' most of the time and that certainly has gone away now! Woohoo!
Unread 03-27-2002, 03:57 PM

I agree. My surgery is scheduled for April 15th and I feel (and look) like I'm 5-6 months pregnant. As scared as I am I can't wait to have the 'pot' gone. I've tried for six months, working out at the gym, etc., etc., only to find that it does help but that wasn't the problem.

Water gain is most definitely part of it. You may want to talk to your doctor about a water pill for the time being. It worked for me and relieved some of the pressure.

Good luck to you,

Barb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2002, 04:56 PM

Hi Pam,

Welcome to Hystersisters!!

I'm really glad that you found us - I read your other post on the Indiana board - I'm originally from Indiana, too.

I didn't have the same feeling that you are having, but Barb's suggestion of asking your doctor about taking water pills is a good idea, if he agrees.

Be sure to let us know when you get your date. We'll be here for you.

's

Karen
Unread 03-27-2002, 05:18 PM

I have my surgery on Monday. Can't wait. I feel pregnant too. I have 1 fibroid that is 1 and 1/2 times larger than a normal uterus and that doesn't include the other 2 large ones and all the marble sized ones. I feel uncomfortable. My belt rubs on the top of the large fibroid. Very creepy feeling. I have specific clothes for work so can't get dump the belt. I have terrible gas feeling and pressure under my ribs. I am napping now. Looking down at my belly while in the shower is discouraging. I too joined the gym to get rid of this gut. I am so aware of this now. I put up with this before because I though it was fat. I saw a picture of a fibroid and it really made me want this thing out!!!! I read a lot of post about gas Post opt. gasx was suggested. I bought some and am taking one when I eat and it has really helped with that bloated gassy pregnant feeling. It is a good item to have on had both preopt and post opt. Good luck
Linda
Unread 03-27-2002, 06:14 PM
Welcome

Hi and welcome to HysterSisters.
I felt and looked pregnant also and it seemed to come on fairly quickly.
I just got and read my surgery report, which by the way you can request from your doctor or hospital. I had a uterus that was the size of a 10 week pregnancy, a uterine mass, a fibroid, 3 ovarian cysts and (I always want to say a "partridge in a pear tree".)
Please excuse my humour.
Anyway the good news was I came home from the hospital 10 pounds lighter and with a much flatter stomach in spite of the swelly belly. The weight has stayed off and I have not been dieting.
I hope you get a little "bonus" with all this like I did.
Best wishes and so glad you have joined us.

Shelley
Unread 03-27-2002, 07:02 PM
I named mine Max!!!

Hello,
You are not the only one who feels very pregnant. My uterus is the size of a 20 week pregnancy. The reception in the sono office didn't read all of the instructions and said something to me about being there for the 20 week sono for the pregnancy. She was embarrassed but I do look very pregnant. I can't fit into much if it is not maternity. Sometimes I felt like I had mild morning sickness and just drained like a pregnancy. I'm always in the bathroom.

Once the doctor explained that while it was a very large fibroid it was still not harmful other than the pressure, etc.

We decided to joke around and lighten the situation. We named it Max. We have three teenage boys and this one's caused just a little havoc (as boys do) so it became Max.

Everyone asks what I'm going to do with Max. I always just joke around and say - well, I won't be bringing a baby home this time and have shoes to bronze so maybe I should just bronze Max (kidding of course).

What I'm curious about is how everyone feels when these large fibroids are gone. Max has been with me for 12 plus years and has really grown in the last year. How empty do you feel and does it feel weird for your stomach to drop back down?

Anyway, Max will be born on April 15th. I prefer
to think of it as a birth instead of TAH/BSO.
Anyway, take care and God Bless!
Unread 03-29-2002, 09:21 AM
To: Barb, Karen, Shelley, Linda, Kmarie and Linda

Thank you all SO much for your responses! I am SO lucky to have a friend who directed me to this site. I should be finding out on April 9th when my surgery will be (pending insurance approval). Until then, I will just carry this around and feel pregnant. Kmarie..I won't be asking for a picture of Max...I hope you understand...LOL. Shelly....I won't excuse the humor....I NEED THAT!! The pressure is a lil better today, but it's usually best in the morning after I get up. It gets worse as the day goes on. Gosh....I haven't been here too long....and already I luv y'all! It's wonderful to have someone who is going through/has gone through what I am... it's sure making this all easier to deal with!

Thanks again....
Pam

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register