The more I read the scarier it seems - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The more I read the scarier it seems The more I read the scarier it seems

Unread 03-28-2002, 08:13 AM
The more I read the scarier it seems

I am 2 week post-op. I had a TAH/BSO and I feel great. I never had any problems with the pain. All my menepausal symptoms are gone. I am in a good mood now. Other than having a UTI and boredom I feel fine. Went through the same emotions as you did before the surgery. I found other web sites with scary stats I did not go back to them. Luckily I found this web site. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2002, 12:07 PM

Leslie-

I too went looking around the web and it scared me too!!! But then I found this site and have never looked anywhere else since!! I made a promise to myself since that the info here is not scary and these are real women that I will take the advice of them and my doctor over anything else as to what things will be like afterward! Hope you find the reassurance that you WILL BE FINE as I have!

((((HUGS))))
Jo
Unread 03-28-2002, 12:33 PM

Leslie-

I think I read the site you're talking about. What I finally realized is that every site has an agenda, and once you're aware of it, you understand why they say what they say. That site's agenda is to vilify hysterectomies -- maybe because they used to be done too often, maybe because some women see them as oppressive or disempowering (let 'em walk a mile in our shoes!!), maybe because some women with bad post-op problems earnestly want to help other avoid their mistakes. Maybe even to make money -- they try to scare you and then charge $$ for pamphlets. Who knows? But that site is all about posting only the negatives, none of the positives.

The agenda of this site (hystersisters) is for women to help women who are considering, going through, or recovering from hysterectomies. It's not to sell everyone on either having or not having surgery.

When I finally put all that together, it became obvious where I wanted to spend my time.

Melissa

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register