The more I read the more confused & scared I get! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The more I read the more confused & scared I get! The more I read the more confused & scared I get!

Unread 03-27-2002, 07:56 PM
The more I read the more confused & scared I get!

For the past week, since my D&C, my doctor's subsequent recommendation for a hysterectomy due to fibroid tumors, & a later lab report noting dysplasia, I've been reading, & getting more confused & scared. I read about people feeling better (although I've not felt bad physically at all, just a first time issue of abnormal bleeding which brought this all about, but no bleeding since the D&C), but I've read about people feeling worse. I've read about fear before & fear after. I've read about hormone issues (& if I'm an emotional mess before a hysterectomy, what kind of a mess will I be afterward), & I've read about alternatives that have me even more confused. I just want to avoid it all & have moved through all these stages of shock, fear, anger, grief, & am now heading into denial. It just seems like too often hysterectomy is too quickly recommended. Any good or bad thoughts on this? And how do I get this all across to my doctor? What questions should I ask when I next meet with him? How much of the research on options do I throw at him? Help!!
Jeandre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2002, 08:19 PM
Hello Jeandre

All this information can be a bit overwhelming at times. You need to tell the DR the issues you have with having the surgery and if you think that it is something threw at you too fast, tell him. He is the one that will help you make your decisions. The information on here is just that to inform you of the different things that can and do happen with surgery and the good things that come with surgery. Whether you have surgery or not is left up to you and your DR. Read the posts here with an open mind that no two women are alike and no two will have the same experiences with surgery. I had to take that trip through the hormone jungle, but it didn't take me as long as some of the sisters but then again it took me longer than some of them. So see each person is different. Again talk to your Dr. Let him know what you have read and that you want to know if there are other options. Again it is your decision with his help to make. God Bless and you will be in my .
Unread 03-28-2002, 12:59 AM
difficult decision

Hi, Jeandre! Yes, this is a very emotional decision to make, and it's good you are researching and gathering info. You might want to post over in the Alternatives forum http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...d=4&daysprune= and see if the ladies there have any advice. It sounds like you have some time before you have to make a final decision, so try to come to the point where you feel fairly certain a hyst is your best option before you set a surgery date. Most of us still had some doubts and second-guessed our decision, but I think almost all of us are glad we did have our hysts, and feel much healthier now. (Did you get the personal message I sent you about uterine dysplasia not being the same as cervical dysplasia, and the treatment being different?) s and best wishes to you as you come to a decision!
Ruthie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register