How to make the doctor see "I am in pain"? - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How to make the doctor see "I am in pain"? How to make the doctor see "I am in pain"?

Unread 03-29-2002, 08:35 PM
How to make the doctor see "I am in pain"?

I would like to thank ALL the posts! I did sit down today and made list of my symptoms and the past three months of periods, I hope everything I have heard about this doctor is true..I hear he is great! I will let everyone know how it goes!
Thanks again....I would never survive without this site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2002, 09:21 PM

Hi

I am not usually shy, but when I have to go to an appointment or meeting where I know I'll be nervous or not feel like expressing myself as much, I have found that taking along someone (a friend or family member) who I feel really comfortable with helps.

Then when the time comes to start reciting all the details, you can kind of mentally shift to where you are telling your friend or whoever, instead of telling the doctor.

I hope you get your surgery date soon!! I know what you're going through, believe me, only had my surgery nine days ago and am having quite a bit of pain and discomfort but BOY, am I happy to know that healthier days are right around the bend.

Keep us posted, and s to you.

Unread 03-30-2002, 03:11 PM

Hi ladies

I've just read through some of these posts..and I think writing things down is an incredible idea! It's prompted me to start tippytyping myself, so I can really give my Doc an idea of what I go through.
Don't be afraid to stand up for your own comfort and quality of life - this is YOU, not them, and only YOU can define your own quality of life...I know how pain, bloating, discomfort and general *ugh*ness makes you feel...and there's really only other women who have suffered the same, who know what you're going through. But writing things down for your doctor..we should *all* be advising our friends to do this...can you just imagine the good we could do?

*beaming through the pain*

Tess
xxxx

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register