BackScratcher | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

BackScratcher BackScratcher

Unread 03-28-2002, 08:21 AM
BackScratcher

Hello,
I just wanted to pass on some advice for the ladies in waiting. You will be told to take several things to the castle but the the best thing I took was the back Scratcher! I can't tell you how great it was to have it with me. You can't move the way you are used to so it really comes in handy. Also, I took my own pillow and that helped me sleep a lttle better. Oh and Chapstick is another thing you must pack your lips will be dry so it sure helps to have your chapstick with you. I hope this helps some of you going to the castle soon. My prayers go with each of you. Soon you will be post-op like me. Love and Prayers Suzanne9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2002, 08:29 AM
BackScratcher

I didn't have a backscratcher, but I second the chapstick! That and a hair brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, and slippers were all I needed, wanted, or used while I was in the hospital. The clothes that I wore to the hospital I wore home. Didn't feel like reading, couldn't concentrate long enough, mainly slept, drank water, walked to the bathroom, and slept some more, talked on the phone a lot, and slept.
Unread 03-28-2002, 12:03 PM
BackScratcher

I have to support the back scratcher 150%!! I wish I had one for my legs. They itched from the pumps that were on my legs for 3 days! It was so bad one day that I had to ask the nurse to scratch it for me. When I think about it now, I wish I hadn't done so. That was probably the oddest request to her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2002, 12:39 PM
BackScratcher

Where did you find a backscratcher to buy? I can't even imagine where to start looking...dollar store?
Unread 03-29-2002, 12:43 PM
BackScratcher

A tourist type gift shop. Here in Maine we have lobster backscratchers!
Unread 03-29-2002, 07:08 PM
BackScratcher

Be sure your chapstick does *not* contain petroleum produucts. They can interact with the oxygen if you need to be on it.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register