It's Me Mikki-And I'm BACK!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's Me Mikki-And I'm BACK!!! It's Me Mikki-And I'm BACK!!!

Unread 03-28-2002, 09:34 AM
It's Me Mikki-And I'm BACK!!!

Hi gals, I'm back! I just got my cath out yesterday. It was a godsend tho cause it kept me from peeing every few minutes. I'm not sure where to post about my surgery so if somenone will let me know I will let everyone know how it all went. I feel absolutely wonderful, and can't wait to keep getting fit. Where are you at FITBUG, I need your expertise. I really do feel great and would like to encourage all the girls that have upcomeing surgerys, the waiting really is the hardest part. 's Mikki Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:21 AM

Mikko Jo,

Glad to see that you're back at the computer! My surgery is this Wednesday, and I am coming home with a catheter too. Did you have any problem urinating once the catheter was removed?

Do you have a vertical or horizontal incision?

You sure sound great!
Unread 03-28-2002, 10:43 AM
Gail

Hi, I had a bikini cut. Low down across my belly. The catheter was really a godsend because they done work on my bladder also and I would have been going to the bathroom every few minutes if it had not been for the catheter. I'm doing ok since they took it out. Still going to pee pee often but it's ok now cause I'm not so sore. They hooked me up to a morphine pump when I came out of surgery which I did not like. It only helped the pain for maybe 3-4 minutes at a time. You can push the button like every ten minutes but I asked them to take me off the pump and give me shots instead Staydol was the shot they gave me. It lasted longer even tho I could have a shot only every two hours but I was out of pain longer. Then the next evening after surgery a nurse told me the pills really work better. You stay out of pain longer and I got the meds every 3 hours. But I was out of pain longer. I felt much better after they started giving me the pills instead of the shot or pump. If I had it to do over again. I would take the pills from the beginning. They worked so much better, keeping me pain free longer. I even got up the next day and took a shower. The incision doesn't hurt bad. I think when they cut you up and down, it may be even better. Because I was cut across then when he got inside he still cut me up and down. It may not be that way with everyone. But I think either way will be fine. Your Dr will use the procedure that best fits your prognosis. So just hang in there. I'll be praying for you, your going to do just fine. I cant believe I'm already home and feeling SSSSOOOOO much better already, even at 8 days postop. Big 's and 's to you, Blessings, Mikki Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:57 AM

Sounds like you had done the exact proceedure I will have done. Thanks for posting the outcome. It is so good to hear about everyone who does so well after. So, did they take your ovaries? If so, what HRT (if any) did they put you on? How are you feeling with that?

So happy that you sound so good!

Caren
Unread 03-28-2002, 11:18 AM
Caren

Hi, Yes they did take my ovaries. He said they were in bad shape so we had to take them out. He placed a hormone patch on me before I even came out of surgery. I haven't had any problems with it yet. I change the patch twice a week, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I haven't had a bit of trouble with it yet and have had no signs of menopausal symptoms as of yet. My dr likes the patches really well, he said they seem to work the best. So for now thats what I'm using. I really do feel great! I cant wait 'till I'm back to my regular routine. And can you believe, even with a slight swelly belly, I weigh less now than when I went into surgery. About six lbs less. And I am eating! I pray all goes well with you. 's Mikki Jo
Unread 03-28-2002, 06:56 PM

Hi Mikki Jo,

So glad to see you back! Your posts preop have always been so positive and uplifting. Thank you. It sounds like you are doing well but please remember to take care and don't overdo. Let us know when you write your whole story. Is your sister still with you? My sister is coming for a few days to care for me as I am alone. Then I think I will go to my daughters for a little while.

God Bless,

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register