bad dreams | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-28-2002, 01:54 PM
bad dreams

I am set of my total hyster on April 3rd. I am having bad dreams about staying in the hospital. I dream that I hear people in my room at night that I don't know and that they will not listen to me when I tell them to get out. Am I crazy or what? This dreaming is making me not wanting to sleep. I also would like to know if anyone can tell me what could be hurting under my left ribs? I just won't to sit and cry. I can't wait to get this over with, the pain is more than I ever had. Please help.

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2002, 04:11 PM
bad dreams

Hi, Laura -

The bad dreams just sound like your stress and fear (all perfectly normal) coming out. Not too many more days to go for you, and you'll find out that those dreams were only dreams. My reality was that at the hospital there WERE people coming in at night in the hospital (they were nurses, and while I wanted them to get out so I could sleep, I also really appreciated that they were coming in to make sure I was ok!

As for the pain under your ribs, that could be many different things. I would call your regular doctor and describe the pain as clearly as you can to the doctor or the nurse. They can give you a better idea of what's going on.

Hang in there!
Unread 03-28-2002, 06:33 PM
Dreams/pains

I have been having bad dreams too. The worst one was that my entire family was in a van that went into the water. I woke up terrified and sweat was dripping down the sides of my face. Had a lot of bizaar dreams. Always resulting in sudden waking up. I now sleep with a light on so I can immed. see where I am. It has helped. I don't really deep sleep any more. I fell asleep at 9pm last night and was up at 11 pm. Went back to sleep around 4am and up at 6am. My surgery day is April 1st and I think the bad dreams and the lack of sleep will end then. At least I hope so. I too started having pains under my ribs. Not bad bad but harsh. I did try some gas x and it worked!!!! Just a thought!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2002, 07:40 PM
bad dreams

Hi. I just wanted to say that I also had bad dreams before my surgery due to the stress and unknown, I believe , but I also had a couple of bad dreams after the surgery also and I feel it was due to the pain meds I was taking. As far as waking up , I still wake up a few times a night and have to go to the bathroom , but that is getting better also. ( I am 10 days post op - TVH/BSO )
I don't know about the pain , but be sure to tell your doctor about it.
Best Wishes to you !!! Terri

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register