what next? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-28-2002, 01:55 PM
what next?

had my preop yesterday for my surgery on Monday. Surgery will not be until 1:30 - but luckily I don't have to do any bowel prep and can have water and apple juice until 10:30 a.m.

But after I had to go to my GP on Tuesday because a group doctor thought my blood pressure was too elevated (duh?) (the GP was not overly concerned at this time since I am pre-op mode and I will be monitored, etc.), I go to the pre-op yesterday and everything went fine - but got a call from my ob/gyn when I got home and he said that the PTT test (clotting) was too high - so I have to come to the hospital early so they can re-rest and do the cut-and-clot test. The doctor felt it was probably lab error (!), and I have no history of this sort of thing, and do not take aspirin or motrin or anything like that.

So on top of everything else!!!!!!!!!

I guess I will just lay low and will not relax in our jacuzzi from now till Monday (could that thin my blood?).

Doctor said that if it is not normal after they retest, they will have to cancel surgery. WHAT????!!!!

Gadzukes, what next. No wonder my blood pressure is elevated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2002, 02:05 PM
I can relate

My BP goes up every time I go to the DR for a checkup, and the nurse asks me the date of my last period. When I tell them it was in January,they look panicked, then I tell them " BUT I'VE HAD A HYSTERECTOMY !" (for the 6th time)
It is a stressful time, so try to take life as easy as possible.

My surgery was supposed to happen at 12:45, and finally got started at 5:45 pm due to problems with the patient ahead of me,and other delays.

It's always somethin' !

I hope things work out for you.
Unread 03-28-2002, 02:16 PM
what next?

I'm one of your April 1st hystersisters and waiting on pins and needles for my doctor to decide if I can have surgery Monday even though I got diagnosed with strep throat today! The primary doctor said that I caught it early and should feel better in 24 to 48 hours, but I don't know what the doc will think. I've done all my pre-ops and all ready to go except for....isn't it always something I know how you feel! Best wishes. Prayers for you that all goes well on the next lab test.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register