Trying to Hold It Together!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trying to Hold It Together!! Trying to Hold It Together!!

Unread 03-28-2002, 02:49 PM
Trying to Hold It Together!!

I had my pre-op appt yesterday My surgery is next Wed. and I think it has finally all hit me. I am trying to stay controlled but I feel I could just cry at the drop of a hat!! We have our own business and I'm worried about my dh working his full time job with the school system, taking care of our business, taking care of me, and the dd 8 & 10yrs and having any time for himself. He is a wonderful husband and not at all selfish but I guess I kind of feel guilty that he will have to go through all this and manage so much. Maybe it's my emotions and just everything coming down to the wire. And I will really be glad when the WAITING is OVER!! Thanks for letting me :cry: on all of your shoulders!! I'm just trying to be that strong wife and mommie so I needed to turn to all of you for support!! Thanks for such a wonderful site!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2002, 03:02 PM

Your feelings are very common! I took off the whole last month of school as a 7th grade teacher! Everyone survived. The sub did her own thing beautifully. My hubby catered to my every need. My mom pampered me. Friends sent tons of cards and flowers. It all worked out. I am sure you have your support system in place. Wait and see! They will surely take care of you way beyond what you expect! Good luck!
Unread 03-28-2002, 03:06 PM

rox1105- I can relate to where you are coming from.
I try to be supermom too much and have recently discovered I am not :cry:
The closer my surgery gets i have found myself overwhelmed with trying to get everything organized so I can go to the castle and feel at ease. I at that time will probably be so tired I will need a rest. I have been trying to do spring cleaning, making sure appointments are wrote down so everyone will know when my son needs to be where, ect. You would think I was going away for months but thats how I am.
My husband works 12 hour shifts and plans to take afew days vacation to help me. My mom at that time will help but I still don't like depending on them.
I am just trying to look at it like once this is over I will be much better and enjoyable I hope.
Good Luck and try not to be so hard on yourself.

~RuN-AbOuT~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2002, 03:14 PM

Everything you are feeling is perfectly normal.......I promise!!! I just had my TAH/BSO on 3/14 and a lot of the same worries. It was a terrible time for dh, I am in pharmacy school so I worried about getting behind and I also have a dd and ds that I was worried about. I chose to let my best friend help me so I wouldn't feel so guilty about my husband having to do so much. I'm not used to letting other people help me so it was very hard but it worked out for the best.

It also kept me from causing myself harm by trying to do to much because I felt guilty. Good luck with your surgery and try to just enjoy being able to do for your family while you can. Let me know how thing go.

:

Karen
Unread 03-28-2002, 03:40 PM

I can relate. Pre-op is when it suddenly becomes real for many of us. Your husband will survive. We had some of the same issues - he works full time and we have a business. No kids (that's a lot of work, but they are old enough that they'll be able to even help out a bit, and probably delight in helping take care of mom!), but he has a stress fracture in one foot and is in a walking boot (we were really cute for awhile - he hobbled, I shuffled :-)..he commented that together we made half a person.

Yes, it's hard, yes, I felt guilty (am still kind of feeling that, cause I have another surgery for probable thyroid cancer April 9th..hey), but we both need to remember that committment to love honor & cherish in sickness and in health our husbands took along with us..and know that if the situations were reversed, we'd be there for our husbands!

Absolutely turn to everyone who can help for support. I think that the support here is awesome, from people who know what you're going through!

Hang in there, Rox..this too shall pass...

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register