I am so scared, worried, nervous, grouchy, and impossible to live with! - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am so scared, worried, nervous, grouchy, and impossible to live with! I am so scared, worried, nervous, grouchy, and impossible to live with!

Unread 03-30-2002, 08:12 AM
Your not alone

Julie, I felt the same exact way. Only I had never had surgery so I was really scared. I am today 10 days postop. And I feel better now than I have in years. Emotionaly and physically. Even tho I'm moving around a little slow. I still tire easily and am still sore, but emotionally I feel wonderful. I was worried about losing my ovaries and feeling emotionaly wacked out. But my ovaries weren't working right anyway so that was the cause of my depression and mood swings so now I'm glad there gone. I'm 39 and wasn't having any more children anyway but I was worried about how I would feel when I knew I COULDN'T have anymore children. But now I feel so good I hardly even worry about that part of it anymore. I am even losing weight and my belly is still swollen. I think my uterus weighed a significant amount. I don't regret the decision. But thats my personal choice. Just take your time and ask plenty of questions. We're all here for you. Blessings in Christ, Mikki Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2002, 08:35 AM
pre-op hyst

I am so glad to have found this site. I can relate to alot of what has been said. My surg date is April 23rd. I am in alot of pain and experience depression from not being able to do what i want to do. (Adnenomyosis) I didnt think it should cause this much pain. I have bowel problems like Irritable Bowel. And nausea. One thing I am concerned about is the hospital is not my first choice. It is the only one my dr. uses. you know you hear stories. So I asked my husband to stay the nite with me. ANd the dr.says there is a 50/50 chance of saving my overies. So thats a whole other chapter. I used to not believe in HRT but now since I have experienced premenopauseal hot flashes and crying and headaches, i have reconsidered. But I do feel better knowing that i am not alone. And i look forward to getting back to my old self. I have 4 children 1 grown and 3 girls at home.

Bev in Alabama
Unread 03-30-2002, 08:41 AM
I am so scared etc

Hi Julie,
Youre not alone! Hang on in there I too am on a rollercoaster. My surgery is on tuesday the 4th of April. I have tried to keep busy to take my mind of it, but i find i am wearing myself out in the process. I keep snaping at my other half but he is very understanding, i keep saying things will be better after the op.
I am off work until monday which i have to work. It's such lovely weather here, i have just scrubbed all my patio and patio funiture. After giving my three dogs a long walk, followered by a good grooming and wash. Has all the jobs will be out of my hands for some time. My docter said the fitter you are when you have the op, the faster the recovery only time will tell now! It's also my partners birthday today, he's at work at the moment. We are supposed to be going out to night, so that should keep me awake, as i keep falling asleep in the evening. Then go to bed and have trouble sleeping. Anyway enough of my moans keep cheerful when you can. My family are having trouble understanding me, when i go on about if i should die during surgery! It's my way of insuring i won't. It's just another emotion showing its ugly head.
Keep busy lots of love and hugs
julieg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2002, 02:51 PM
Fear is just "so normal"!!!!

Hi Sisters!!!!

Boy! Do I know how all of you feel!!! I put off my surgery for 3 1/2 years because of the anxiety I felt. Finally, because of the large fibroids and anemia and just feeling bad all the time the TAH/BSO I had on July 24, 2001 gave me a new life. Yes, the recovery is long, but now at 8 months post-op I can admit I was a fool not to do it sooner. Just think I would have never found this site and met so many wonderful women. What everyone feels is just so normal that after it is all over you will feel as foolish as I do now.

I wish everyone the best of luck and keep us informed on how you are doing. Any questions anyone has please feel free to e-mail me. I am glad to help.

Rebecca (gemlover26)

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register