April 1 surgery-could use some support! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

April 1 surgery-could use some support! April 1 surgery-could use some support!

Unread 03-28-2002, 09:43 PM
April 1 surgery-could use some support!

Hi, Mugsy here,
my surgery date is April 1 for a sah/bso. for a huge fibroid and some cysts on the ovaries. One fam. member had ovarian cancer Any kind words would be appreciated. Any last minute suggestions, too! Even though I know this is wise, I don't like iT!! Will I be different after=hormones, sex, AHHHHH!!!!

Anybody have a supracercal abdominal hyst/bso? The nurses around here don't seem to recognize that combo. Is it weird?

Ladies, I'm a bit nervous-never had any procedures done-never wanted pain meds for my births. went "natural".

Prayers are appreciated-we have a big God, and I trust he's led me here. (to surgery and to hystersisters!)

Also the laxatives-the nurse told me to have only clear liquids the day before (Easter!! NO chocolate bunnies for me!) She said I could eat if I wanted to , but she wouldn't. I've never had a laxative before. What can I expect?

I wanted to chat, but am chicken and don't know how, so this forum is really helpful.

Thanks, ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:15 PM

hi mugsie
i am having mine april 8th and also nervous and anxious, i found this ssite last week and have learned alot and in many ways have new fears i hadnt thought about and in other ways realizing many have walked this same path.
i am a wreck and have been severely anemic now for a long time and only found out 3 mos ago that i was. heavy bleeding here and heavy clotting and pain from fibroids and a polyp and i suspect adeno but i guess wont know for sure til surgery. since i lost my mom to uterine CA i am terrified and while there could be other treatments for me the hyst is almost a preventative measure too.
i know for many women this is a very emotional time but for me i dont care at alll to be losing a uterus. i have a 16 year old son and a disabled husband and at 48 just get rid of this part of ME> the sooner the better. however for me going under and the recovery and all the unknowns or potential complications scare me. even tho this last year has been awful its like i still KNOW what i have and dont know what it will be like?!
anyhow i am right behind you. take care
janice
Unread 03-28-2002, 11:06 PM
Mugsy

Mate please try chat you would be more than welcome, please come join us.
As for the support. hun just holla we are all here for you Nerves are a terrible thing and I so know how you feel. You will get there mate and we will make sure of that.
A heat pad was my best friend for many weeks, chap stick, and something for gas. A tummy pillow is great to.
Keep us posted and remember we are here. Hugs Vicki AKA Smilie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2002, 06:23 AM

Hi Mugsy; welcome to the April Fools Day Club! I'm also scheduled for surgery April 1; we've had a thread going recently for all of us scheduled for April 1; check it out at http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ferrerid=22926

I am having a TAH; I was told by my phsyician clear liquids only after midnight, I have to have an enema in the morning before surgery - haven't had one of those since my daughter was born 24 years ago!

I've only had a D & C done before, and that was also a long time ago, so I haven't had a lot of procedures done either...just spend all the time you can reading this website and you'll feel confident and informed.

Next week at this time we'll all be home recovering!
Unread 03-29-2002, 09:36 AM

Hi Mugsy,

So glad you found us

I don't think a SAH/BSO sounds weird, even if the nurses do. Although I had a TAH/BSO (severe endometriosis), there are benefits to keeping your cervix ... more bladder support, it can make a difference during sex.

As for laxatives ... considering that there are a variety of brands and types, I can't say for sure what you will experience. However, if you've ever had diarrhea, it will be a similar to that. It can be unpleasant, but it's not terrible. No one likes having to do a bowel prep, but it's not all that bad.

As for being nervous, that sounds pretty normal to me. Are you concerned about cancer, since you mention that someone in your family had cancer? I'll keep you in my prayers and hope that April Fool's Day is a good luck charm for you!

Beth

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register