Had Pre-Op Appt. | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had Pre-Op Appt. Had Pre-Op Appt.

Unread 03-30-2002, 04:41 AM
Had Pre-Op Appt.

I finally got a date. April 5th. And I had my pre-op appt at the hospital yesterday. They took blood and urine sample( Iexpected that.) But they also had a hopital Doctor "with no personality" ask me tons of questions. Symptoms, why I was having hyster, etc. Then a wonderful funny nurse came in and asked basicaly the same questions and told DH and I lots of recovery hints and good recovery stories! She had us laughing. She also told us where to ask for a bed for him( he is stsaying with me in hosp.) And what to expect. It took about an hour and half.
We have an appt. with my Doctor Monday to go over everything agian. She wants to meet my husband and explain everything.
I feel pretty good about experience so far and am looking forward to after recovery!

Kim Y.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2002, 05:36 AM
great

my pre-op is on the 4th- surgery on the 19th
I am looking forward to the pre-op to get questions out of the way and ease my mind (I hope)
Good Luck and keep us informed on the outcome.

~RuN-AbOuT~
(Lynne)
Unread 03-30-2002, 06:31 AM
April 5th

Hey Kim,

Just think April 5th you will become a rincess: ! We will be :cherring: for you! I had my TAH/BSO March 18th and feel pretty good. I am 33 y/o. (32 surgery date) It will all soon be over with! You can make it!

No more periods, heavy bleeding or pain anymore! I was on my period when I had my surgery and guess what? When I woke up it was ALL GONE!~

Good luck to you! We will all for you!

((((Cheryl))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2002, 12:51 AM
hey, hyster twins!!!

Hmmm...I'm 4/5 too, but I haven't even heard anything about any pre-op bloodwork or anything. I better call them and see if I'm missing something here!

Good luck!

Kris
Unread 04-01-2002, 04:42 AM
Had Pre-Op Appt.

Hey Sisters!
Thanks for the good wishes.
I am nervous, but ready!
Saturday was intense pain and today I think I am starting my period a week early! So yes I will be on it at surgery...go figure!
ONE LAST AUNT FLO HAD TO GET IN THERE!
I'll keep thinking when I wake up it will be gone! YEAH!
Now I am worried about hormones. Guess I have to worry about something! LOL
I meet with Dr. today for final conference with DH. He has not met her yet. I'll keep you informed. Hopefully no surprises.
Good luck to you also and yes I think pre op testing is normal from what I have read here.
Unread 04-01-2002, 09:42 AM
Had Pre-Op Appt.

I had my pre-op on 3/28 surgery scheduled for 4/12. I thought this was pretty far in advance but I am glad it is over. They did the blood and urine stuff but also a Chest x-ray and EKG. It was all painless. Met with a DR who told me about the anethesia and asked some questions (I hope she won't be the one I get on the day of the surgery cause she was about 90 yrs old LOL) Then met with a very nice nurse that explained the parking and what to do when I get there the morning of the 12th. She also told me what to bring and where my family could wait and all about the Living Will stuff. She gave me a ton of stuff to read and was really helpful. She also said I have to go back the day before surgery for one last blood test. (I'm really starting to feel like a Vampire Victim )

Good luck to eveyone becoming a princess this week!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register