I am homE!!!!!!! 2 days post TAH | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am homE!!!!!!! 2 days post TAH I am homE!!!!!!! 2 days post TAH

Unread 03-30-2002, 06:37 PM
I am homE!!!!!!! 2 days post TAH

Hello Everyone,

Well I am home! just 2 days post TAH. I got to keep my ovaries. Thank you all for your prayers and ecouraging words. God listens! Well Ill give you the short version! As you all know I am a nurse which made going into this operation more difficult for me. The cath. was not bad. Morphine made me vomit and has far as the pain.Well I have a very high toerance for it so Im doing fine.The care I recieved in the hospital was the best. I had a great room with no roomate. My husband ....Well should get man of the year!He helps me with everything and I mean everything! Well take care everyone and to all you pre op's who are scared feel free to e mail me! I would love to give you the same support the other ladies gave me here. Hugs Angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2002, 06:42 PM

Hi Angela

It's great to hear that your surgery went well and you are home recovering. Sorry to hear about the getting sick part ... that is really no fun when you have a TAH (been there, done that).

Isn't it just great when DH comes through for you? So glad to hear that you're getting good support and that you're handling the pain pretty well. The first two weeks are pretty tough, but it does get better after that.

Please keep your feet propped up, rest a lot, drink lots of water and come back to give us an update when you're a little stronger.

Welcome home !!

Beth
Unread 03-30-2002, 07:18 PM

cat from NJ,
I'm glad that you are home and that DH is taking super great care of you. That's wonderful. Sorry you had such a rough time with the morphine. The only difficulty that I had with the morphine is that I had absolutely NO appetite. No appetite whatsoever! Take good care of yourself. You know the REST routine so follow the advice and take care of yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2002, 09:37 PM
Hi

Welcome home Angela!
I am so glad to hear that all went well. Congradulations !
Wow a great DH how wonderful. I know he is taking good care of you and making sure you and and walk a little too.
Keep us posted on how you're doing.
Unread 03-31-2002, 07:57 AM

Welcome home!! Remember to take it easy and listen to your body, it will let you know if you overdue. Please come visit us in chat when you are up to it, we would love to have you.
Unread 03-31-2002, 08:54 AM

Welcome home Angela

I know you'll be over to the Princesses boards now, but do keep popping in over here...you sound in great spirits, and you must be so relieved.

Thinking of you, over the bridge in Philly,

Tess
x
Unread 03-31-2002, 08:56 AM

Welcome home, Angela.

I'm really sorry that the morphine made you sick, but glad that you had good care in the hospital and that your DH has been so supportive.

Don't try to do too much in the first few weeks, let him continue to pamper you.

's

Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register