Worry Wart Here | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worry Wart Here Worry Wart Here

Unread 03-31-2002, 11:42 AM
Worry Wart Here

Okay, I need to talk. I go on Tuesday morning for my TAH/BOS. ANd I'm spending all day today worrying...that is when I'm not running around trying to get last minute things done.

I worry about my husband having to run our dental laboratory all by himself(we've worked together for 30 years). I've tried getting as much done ahead as I could. I've set as much up ahead to make it easy for him. I've also played "resident *****" to our accounts to make sure he gets extra time.

I also worry about the house up keep even though my sister says she will clean and do laundry. She will also come in after work everyday that first week I' m home.Plus I've cooked plenty of meals ahead.

I worry about my 5 dogs. I think I can manage a biscuit to keep them going for the day till my sister comes after work.

I just feel like such a wimp. When my husband had his finger put back together after an accident, he was out of the hospital that day and back to work the next day. I keep telling myself my surgery is bigger and I'm 14 years older than he was at the time he had his accident.....still, i'm sure he would have been back to work after the first week.

My husband is expecting I'll be able to do some lab work at home that second week. And he's hoping I can come back to work at least part time the third week. Talk about pressure.

Not to say my husband is unkind, but he doesn't experience pain like other people do. Heck he can perform his own ingrown toenail surgery and burn off warts on his own.

When he worries about me, he tends to get cranky. I can just see it. Two cranky people and 5 bewildered dogs. Plus I feel like I shouldn't ask him for help, since he will be handling so much as it is. And I won't get to see much of him. He'll be putting in extra hours.

I can't ask any neighbors for help. Would you believe all my neighbors are bachelors? I wish my best friend still lived next door. I miss her in so many ways. She called last night to give me encouragemnet. I sure needed it.

Well that about covers it. Some how it doesn't seem quite so overwhelming seing it in words. THanks for being here. I'm going through the weepy alternated with fear stage right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2002, 12:27 PM
Worry Wart Here

Dear Ginny,

I'm so sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed right now. Please try very hard to remember that a hysterectomy is major surgery (not to take anything away from your DH's finger incident) and that they will be removing organs from your body. There is no way to compare the two surgeries.

Have you read the pre-op and post-op hints that are on the main page? Some of those hints might be good ones to print out for your husband to read. Also, do you have a religious affiliation? If so, please let them know that you may need help. And you don't have to go into details about what you're having done, if you don't want to, with your bachelor neighbors, but you could let them know that you are having surgery and might need to call upon one of them for something if your husband is still at work. I'll bet they would be glad to help out.

Every one heals at a different rate, if course, and I don't know what your husband is hoping that you would be able to do at home in week two, but the effects of the anesthesia aren't even totally worn off by then. You may be in a sort of mental for awhile.

You might want to ask your husband to go to the following site to look at the images of a hysterectomy. This site is very explicit, and if you are squeamish, you may not want to look at the images, but it may help your husband to understand the extent of your surgery.

http://pelvicfloor.com/library/

Please don't worry about your house or your dogs - you won't feel like doing any housework (and should't be doing any) for quite awhile, and the dogs should be just fine until the end of the day as long as your husband feeds and waters them before he leaves in the morning.

Please let me know how things are going when you get back home.

's

Karen
Unread 03-31-2002, 02:06 PM
Worry Wart Here

Hi Virginia - I'm having a TVH/A&P repair on April 2nd and am feeling more than a little crazed. I'm sure when all is said and done we'll feel much better both physically and emotionally. But that thought doesn't help much right now, I know. As far as your husband, most of us said "for better, for worse, in sickness and in health", which is now! That's not to say it won't be stressful, but that's life. I'm worried sick about being able to do nothing for so long even though I have a very supportive husband who can do just about everything around the house. I have to young daughters (8 & 12) who are also capable of doing most things. I know we'll all survive just fine - somehow things always seem to work out and you wonder why you spent so much time fretting in the first place. Good luck with your visit to the castle. We'll make lovely es and be back to ruling our kingdoms soon. Hope recovery goes well. I'm sure we'll be visiting the Post-Op Board as soon as we can crawl to the computer! Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2002, 02:12 PM
Worry Wart Here

Ginny,

I understand how you're feeling! I go in on Wednesday for my surgery, and today was an emotional day for some of the day for me, probably because I was with my family for the first time since my diagnosis of cervical cancer.

But...this group of women here are so supportive and helpful, we know we will all get through this surgery.

Best of luck and hope to hear from you when you are home from the castle and are a !

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register