Is PRE-OP excitement silly?? - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is PRE-OP excitement silly?? Is PRE-OP excitement silly??

Unread 04-02-2002, 08:58 AM
Is PRE-OP excitement silly??

I too have been pretty much giddy with excitement! I'm so looking forward to the 16th (although part of the excitement is the opportunity to completely forget responsibilities for a few days - oblivion is a wonderful state, I bet!). After my last period, which seemed to be even worse with the bleeding and pain than any I've experienced since going on the birth control pills last July, I'm so ready for this all to be over. I've experienced the pain for years (along with all the other fun stuff) and I've known since I was a teenager I didn't want children. I think you need to be mentally ready for a hysterectomy and once you reach that place and are at peace with the decision, it's not such a difficult experience. Some women don't get the chance to come to terms with it, and I think that definitely makes it much harder.

I must say, if one more person asks me if I've done any of the alternative treatments or suggests I read one more book about the natural way to treat the body, I'm going to have to take someone's head off!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 12:06 PM
Countdown

Dear All and especially Karen,
Thanks for replying so promptly - I downloaded the sheet with the abbreviations - what a help - thanks! I know feel as if I can understand the postings so much better. I see my gynaecologist this afternoon for a pre-op visit and have a list of questions to ask. It's now 12 days and counting. I find myself listless and anxious. I emailed my sister (one of 6) to let her know what was happening and her response was "I hope your freezer is full" with no offers to help fill it! Hystersisters are much more helpful!
To answer your question about being a virtual high school teacher - I have 27 students in eight different courses, ranging through English, Social Sciences, Law, Career Planning, Learning Strategies and History. My students are from all walks of life and circumstances - the successful ones are self-motivated and deeply interested in doing a good job. So the success rate is directly dependant on those factors. But my job is one of the reasons why I am so interested in truly knowing what to expect after my LAVH. It's too difficult for someone else to step in and take my place (there are only two of us in my school board area doing this job) so I'm hoping to be able to keep up with my emailing and marking after about too weeks - still too optimistic? Thanks for all your support out there - I've learned more from this website than anywhere else. TTYS - cmc

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register