Complex Hyperplasia...after D&C and Laproscopy - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Complex Hyperplasia...after D&C and Laproscopy Complex Hyperplasia...after D&C and Laproscopy

Unread 04-02-2002, 10:55 AM
Complex Hyperplasia...after D&C and Laproscopy

Hi, all! Yes, it is very easy for us women to just ignore our symptoms and abnormal bleeding, hoping it will straighten out by itself! It is very important to keep track of menstrual cycles if they are not regular, so that we can show the dr in writing exactly how many days a month we have bleeding or spotting, and if there are large clots, etc. A Pap smear is important also, but it only tests the cells on the outside of the cervix, not any cells in the lining of the uterus. The endometrial biopsy is when the cells inside the uterus are scraped to check for abnormal build-up or atypical cells. (You can request this biopsy if you have abnormal bleeding, but I'm not sure how often insurance will authorize these.) Atypical cells are not cancerous, but they are suspicious and need to be watched. Even if the diagnosis comes back "endometrial cancer" don't panic too much! This is a very slow growing cancer and is "cured" by removing the uterus, usually no chemo needed. So you need to have a close follow-up plan with your dr. (The WebMD article is very good at explaining this.) I hope you all can come to satisfactory decisions with your Gyns about how to treat your hyperplasia, and if that means a hyst, then we will be here to support you! s to all of you!
Ruthie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 02:23 PM

I am new to the site, as I was just diagnosed with Complex Hyperplasia Atypia after having an endomitrial biopsy done 2 weeks ago. My big trip to the castle is April 8th -- talk about everything going fast!! I have been undergoing treatment for PCOS and only started having periods without provera about a year ago. They started out ok...but then went on and on and on. My endocrinologist was not happy with this and sent me back to my gyn for the biopsy. I don't have any major pain associated with the condition, except I think I only have about 1 good week out of every month where I'm not having pms and/or bleeding. I will be having a TAH done and I confess....I'm a bundle of nerves right now!! I have been reading this site since I found out and I do feel better about everything -- it's helping me to keep my sense of humor while facing the unknown...the waiting is bad!!! Good luck to everyone and thanks for such a great, supportive site!!!
Unread 04-02-2002, 02:40 PM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters, Jez! Glad you found us and that you're finding some support here. Feel free to post any questions and comments that you wish. s and best wishes for a smooth surgery and good recovery!
Ruthie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 04:45 PM
Castle visit coming April 15th...

Hi sisters and I'm feeling much better now that I know where I'm headed....I had my post op for the laproscopy visit today instead of the 11th of this month. I'm glad I did now.....I have a fibroid tumor growing on my uterous to add to the Complex hyperplasia.....and a blocked ovarian tube and a cyst on the right ovary.... So my doctor whom I adore ! had a long dicussion of my medical history and my families cancer history. He and I agreed that after 10 years of pain and numerous doctor visits and also I was put on hormones before and couldn't tollerate them back then....It's best to have a hysterectomy. I agree with him for all I have been through !!! He said I would feel so much better without the loss of blood for my seven heavy days and the pain I have had for 10 years and passing all those clots.....!!!! I wonder am I numb right now has it not hit me yet ? or am I so relieved to not worry about the big C and all the PAIN !!!
Thank you all for being here for me and I'll be posting and oh I don't feel like crying as I did before. When I was unsure of things I feel so blue ... Today my doctor so kindly answered all of my questions on my full page that I had written down and I feel lots better and have a positive attitude !!!
They're only gonna take the uterous and not the ovaries !!! So menopause is a few years away hopefully.....Well I'll quit rambling and need to go eat so thanks again everyone I told the nurse and my doctor about this FABULOUS site !!! Wish I had some business cards to give out of hystersisters.com !!!
I hope everyone is feeling happy and well today !
Big hugs to all of you !!!
Deborah
Unread 04-02-2002, 08:00 PM

So glad you're feeling better (less anxious) and had a good discussion with your dr. Thanks for the kind words about HysterSisters. 18,000 women have benefited from posting here and probably a million have benefited just be reading the boards! Thanks to Kathy who keeps it going, and to us who support it by subscribing and purchasing from the "store"! s
Ruthie
Unread 04-02-2002, 08:22 PM
Thanks Ruthie !!

I'll get on it and get the printer going !!!!!! I just LOVE this site !!!
Everyone on here must be ANGELS !!!!!!!! Lord knows we all have put out our most personal fears and female problems for the entire world to see !!!!!!!!!!
What a blessing it is to have this site !!!!!!
Thanks again !!!

Abrakadeborah
Unread 04-03-2002, 12:29 AM
Good Luck!

Glad to hear that you have made your decision and are happy with it. Also that you don't have to wait long - April 15th is so quick! It will all be over with before you even know it!

Keep positive - it really, really helps!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register