surgery Friday 4/5 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery Friday 4/5 surgery Friday 4/5

Unread 04-01-2002, 10:54 AM
surgery Friday 4/5

I'm having my TAH with vertical scar revision this coming Friday morning.... I have several fibroids (one of which the surgeon indicated is larger than his palm)

I'm scared and can't sleep much at all.

I'm asking for thoughts and prayers....

Advice is also most welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2002, 10:59 AM
surgery Friday 4/5

I haven't had my TAH yet... "tentative" date is the 25 of this month.... I will lose my cottin pickin mind if I don't get this date.. already was cancled once because of the doc's vacation... You are in my thoughts and prayers.... just be glad that the waiting is over and your recover will begin soon and that you will have your life back again.... remember to listen to all the crowned sisters.. they have a wealth of advice and its all good....
take good care...
kara
Unread 04-01-2002, 11:15 AM
Sister in waiting

Dear sister in waiting,

Anxiety is quite normal at this stage of the game. I too will have a verticle scar for my THA due to a large fibroid. I had my right ovary removed 10 years ago so I already have a scar they will cut along. The good news is the scar really heals up nicely and it's a bit of a conversation piece for people who've not seen it before.

My surgery date is 2 weeks from today and I've been so nervous I've got vertigo (I get this during high stress periods). My physicaln gave me a presception to help me relax when I get to nervous but so far I'm doing ok.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Try to relax and take each day as it comes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2002, 01:27 PM
surgery Friday 4/5

i'm very new to this site, and not going for surgery yet. But read your note and thourght i'd drop you a note to wish good luck and a speedy recovery, from what i'v read from other ladies, being posertive aids recovery, my thourghts are with you, best regards jane in the uk x
Unread 04-01-2002, 04:13 PM
surgery Friday 4/5

I know how scary this is. Here's a to help a bit.

I know you have read it before but it bears repeating. Waiting really is the hard part. There is just so much we fear of the unknown. And understandably so. Hang in there. It really will be okay.

Please try to keep busy. Do the things that really make you happy. It is never too early to start being a pampered

Things that helped me were:
Taking walks.
Seeing friends and family.
Going out for a pedicure.
Going to the movies or out to lunch
Listening to relaxing music or meditation tapes.
Listing all the ways that this will improve your life.
And lot's and lot's of reading and posting here with us.

We are here for you.
Hang in There. "This too shall pass".

Unread 04-01-2002, 04:36 PM
Hi thompcindy

Hi, I'm now a Pampered Princess. I had my TAH almost a month ago, and I too had the vertical incision because of the size of my fibroids. I have to say that while I would have preferred the horizontal instead, I am very happy that I had the surgery. I hope that all goes well with you and this time next month you can be helping and encouraging another "hystersister". Here's lots of s and ers for you, Katie
Unread 04-02-2002, 05:23 AM
Me too!

I'll be watching for you post-op...I'm having a (probably) TVH on 4/5 too. We're like HysterTwins!!

Good luck--
Kris
Unread 04-02-2002, 06:14 AM
surgery Friday 4/5

I am 3 weeks post-op for TAH/BSO. The waiting is the hardest part. My recovery is very good so far. All my night sweats, hot flashes etc. are gone. The stay in the hospital, they kept the pain under contol. Hope all goes well with you. The waiting is the hardest part.
Unread 04-02-2002, 06:26 AM
April 15th, too!

Hi, Rachel,

I see we will be at the castle on the same day. Good luck to you. I wish it had been the 1st, it would all be over but the shouting! Good luck to Thompcindi, too!

Debbie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register