Big Sigh | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-01-2002, 11:09 AM
Big Sigh

I am off to my GP in a couple of hours... I've had this ear infection and was on a Zpack of antibotics... doesn't seem to have done much good... I haven't worked out in almost 2 weeks.. have been eating like crazy...put on 5 lbs... this makes me angry... (cuz my weight is an issue... by 80 lbs !!!!!)
This morning I get up and tell myself I have got to get back to taking good care of myself.... I eat a healthy breakfast and do my workout...an easier version because its been so long... and when the workout is over I get on my hands and knees to shut off the vcr.. and I begin to black out... I was sooo scared.... the last time this happened was also after a workout and before I was put on BP meds... since then haven't had a problem....
I am hoping its just my ear infection but then again I really really have to get this surgery over with the waiting is making me lose my cottin pickin mind....
I have been to my GP 2 times in the last 3 weeks and made a call saying what they told me to do wasn't working ( using Afrin nasal spray)... UGH...
sorry to vent but I am sooo upset by all of this.. and I didn't take any pain meds today just in case it has something to do with that.. I've been taking percocet every 5 hours or so but could've used it alot sooner than that.. I try not to take it.... I also have tylenolo with codiene #3.... but all this pain meds have been making me sooooo tired.... I could cry !!!! My dh is losing patience with me fast.... he hates seeing me sooo sick and miserable and not taking care of myself...
thanks everyone for hearing me out....
GREAT BIG SIGH
kara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2002, 11:16 AM
Big Sigh

So sorry you are in so much pain.
Have you tried cutting pain med in half to see if it helps without putting you to sleep.
some times don`t you wish you could go to mommy and she could make it all better again.
here`s a big for you
Hang in there
God Bless paula
Unread 04-01-2002, 11:34 AM
Let us know how you make out ...

I just wanted to say I know exactly what your going through.I also feel like I'm losing my mind.The waiting sure can do a number on us physically & mentally. I've been fighting every kind of infection there is all winter.I had the labyrinthytis which is a viral infection in the inner ear,it makes you extremely dizzy every second of the day.It took 3 rounds of antibiotics to finally get rid of it ,only to have it return 10 days later.Stress & anxiety can make us physically very sick.I am now having chest pains & popping feelings in my chest ,along with many other symptoms.Like you I'm taking the same pain pills as you.Can't work out because of how I feel.
My heart really goes out to you...I hope you get some kind of relief very soon. Try to hang in there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 05:07 AM
doctors visit update

HI again
well my GP put me on cipro for 7 days and says it should knock out the infection. I am hoping it will. I suppose they will cancel if the infection returns??? I don't have a fever which I think is odd, you'd think I'd have one with an infection... I am to relax, and drink lots of water... doc also sent me to have a CAT scan done of my head to be sure the blacking out wasn't anything serious and it is normal thank God !! Never had that done before... compared to the MRI it was nothing.
I got on the scale and its "only" 3 lbs I've gained, just feels like more I guess.
I also have to call gyn today to be sure my date for the 25th is still on and is no longer tentative..UGH ... I just don't know what to do if he cancles on me... I have a strange feeling that he doesn't really want to operate because of my weight... he is always asking me how much I've lost so far... I've lost 130 lbs but its taken me 4 years.... slow and steady
at any rate... no workouts for a LONG time.... probably not until I can workout again after my surgery... that makes me sad... I really like to workout and to sweat ...
oh well I guess the focus should be on getting rid of the infection and going forward....
thanks for listening everyone....
kara

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register