TVH Bleeding post hysterectomy, is it normal bleeding or is something wrong? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding post hysterectomy, is it normal bleeding or is something wrong? Bleeding post hysterectomy, is it normal bleeding or is something wrong?

Unread 03-10-2014, 05:21 AM
Bleeding post hysterectomy, is it normal bleeding or is something wrong?

Today I'm am 19 days post op. So I felt ok this weekend other than some pressure/pain in the vaginal area... Almost no abdominal pain... Sciatic nerve pinched, but that happens to me sometimes for no reason(moved/slept wrong)... Anyhow last night I woke up at 2 am and had to have a BM ... It was the first one that I had to strain/push for since surgery... Probably strained for about 20 minutes on toilet (have been taking stool softners, fiber, fluids)... It was very painful... After when I wipes there was a significant amour of bright red blood from the vagina... I put a panty liner on and I have been spotting the bright red blood since then, not a significant amount or I would be at ER... I now have a significant amount of pelvic pain that won't let up, took Tylenol and Motrin and only helped a little bit... Tempted to take pain med but haven't had one in a while n know that can cause constipation so don't want to aggravate the situation... I also did more this past weekend than I have since surgery... Wondering if I injured or irritated something straining or if I overdid it over the weekend.. Going to lay around today and do as little as possible. Is this just the normal 2-3 week bleeding I hear about? Why increased pain though? Is this something I should call dr about or should I just take it easy and see what happens? For now I'm going to lay down with my trusty heating pad and see what happens. Any similar experiences or advice would be welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2014, 05:39 AM
Re: Bleeding, is it normal bleeding or is something wrong?

Oh dear you shouldn't have strained. When do you see your doctor next? If the pain and bleeding doesn't stop or if it's a large amount of blood, I would definately go to see the doctor. What concerns me is the fact that it's bright red, meaning fresh blood. I think most bleeding at this stage should be brownish (old blood) You may have hurt something by straining. I hope I'm wrong and everything is alright but better safe then sorry. Hopefully the pain is just the normal cramping that we all experience.
Unread 03-10-2014, 06:00 AM

Thanks for the reply...
I really didn't want to strain ... TMI WARNING: it started off ok and then it was half out and just hanging out there not going anywhere... So had no choice but to get it out... The bleeding is now just a little bit of spotting on panty liner and light pink on TP When I use bathroom... Going to take it easy and see how the day goes...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2014, 06:06 AM

As my hubby says. "DRINK YOUR PRUNE JUICE!!!!" sorry I just had to. I heard this so much the first couple of weeks I was ready to shot him. Hopefully it was just your body giving you a warning. Keep us posted. Rest and Heal well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register