More questions... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More questions... More questions...

Unread 04-02-2002, 01:53 AM
More questions...

Hey all -
First of all I would like to say a big "THANK YOU" for all of the postings and support here. In the big world of "hyster" it's hard to glean the information and support that you need. So, THANKS AND

I have 20 days left until my castle date! And, I am not sure if I am excited or sad. I am looking forward to no more pain and periods, but then again the thought of not ever being a normal "twenty something" is getting to me for some strange reason! I am also concerned with what exactly is wrong! My gyn. is somewhat obscure over the cancer part, just telling me that there is a possibility but don't fret, it will all be fine. I am one of those who are very anal, very perfectionist, and want to know exactly what it is, what caused it and what are we going to do about it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how not to be to pushy but still get the complete diagnosis? I don't want to bother and call; I've only seen this dr. once and she is absolutely wonderful. Has called me several times with my test results and everything, which can be a little nervewracking. Always know somethings up when the dr calls instead of the nurse. I know that she has stated that we are doing a vertical incision with complete TAH/BSO but I am still worried over the "C" word. My mother had a radical done for cervical cancer at the age of 34, with no symptoms. I have been vomiting, acne, "swelly belly" - which me and my DH have affectionatly named "Herman" - due April 22nd!

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble. It's nice to have a community that lets you without giving you strange looks!!

Love all of you to pieces - Carey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 02:07 AM
More questions...

Sweety Hugs. I know this is so easy to say and hard to do but, please try to stay positive as you can.
I would honestly have another chat with your DR, she sounds wonderful and you do have the right to know anything concerning your case.
Waiting is so the hardest part and can give you time for your imagination to go a stray, normal and to be expected.
I will have you in my thoughts. Please for extra support drop into chat, there you may find someone that has been where you are now, and maybe you will have a good laugh which does work wonders. I spent soooo much time there while waiting for my Hyst.
Please keep us posted. Hugs Vicki
Unread 04-02-2002, 03:43 AM
More questions...

Hi Carey,

I'm glad that Hystersisters has been a help to you. I agree with Vicki - please make another appointment with your doctor so that you can get all your questions answered. She may not realize that she is being vague. Or she may be used to patients who don't really want all the possibilities laid out before hand, and so she keeps it vague on purpose.

You'll probably be having a pre-op appointment a little closer to your surgery date, but if not, please ask for one and then let us all know what you find out.

Good Luck!!

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 06:22 AM
More questions...

Thanks guys!! You are so great! Yes I do have a have pre-op appointment on the 18th. I also have to go and get all the standards for pre-cert that day too - blood test (again!), EKG and my lung xray. See you all soon!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register