Pre-Op Nervousness...ugh!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op Nervousness...ugh!! Pre-Op Nervousness...ugh!!

Unread 04-02-2002, 04:35 AM
Pre-Op Nervousness...ugh!!

Hi all... just want to start by saying I am sooooo glad to have stumbled across this 'Sister-Hood' !!! Having absolutely no idea what to expect, it is great to find this group. The site has been very helpful to me so far.
I have been dealing with pre-cancerous pap smears on and off for 7 years. I have had a colposcopy and lazer surgery. Last week I was diagnosed with 2 fibroid tumors, one of which is 10 cm. My doctor has suggested a hysterectomy (just removing my uterus and cervix) with the intention of solving the problem of my cervical difficulties as well as the re-occurance of any more fibroids.
I am TOTALLY frightened about the surgery. I have never had major surgery before and I am freaking out. On top of this, I am concerned with the 'after-effects' in my sex life. There are too many sites to go through them all, and I must admit that some I have gone to have scared the wits out of me!!!
Any words of wisdom from those who have been through this ordeal would be greatly appreciated! I am waiting for the call, which should be today, for my pre-op appointment and to get the date and time for the 'Big Day'. Besides sitting here with sweaty hands and a pounding heart for the bomb to drop, taking long, deep breaths are all I can do to try to ease the tension. Any help on just trying to deal with the anticipation is also welcome!!
Thank you in advance...and THANK YOU HYSTER SISTERS!!!!
Lisa / aka JazeGrly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 04:46 AM
Pre-op nervousness

JazeGrly - Feel secure in the fact that you are not alone. All of us have been where you are now and depend on this site for support. Yes, it's scary to face the future. But you're gathering information and hope from all our experiences. You'll see the good, the bad and the ugly here. Fortunately, it's all good in that we're here for each other with tears, hugs, prayers, care & concern in all that we face together.

And that is what brings us here. We're in this together.

Keep us informed on your dates and your feelings. And keep checking in on everyone else. We're here for you.

s
Unread 04-02-2002, 04:55 AM
Pre-Op Nervousness...ugh!!

's to you hun. This was my first inpatient surgery as well and it is very scary. The chat room helped me a great deal and I had never been in a chat room before I tried the one here. If you would like to join us, we would love to have you. Try to stay busy doing something you like; cooking (stuff to freeze for recovery), a hobby anything that would keep your mind off of things. Unfortunately, (for my wallet) shopping kept me busy . I have quite the assortment of pj's now.

As for your sex life, I can only tell you my experience and my sex life is 1000 times better than before. I have no more pain or bleeeding after sex now and I feel like a teenager again (at least in that area)

Remember we are here for you and you are not alone.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register