Pre-Op Jitters | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op Jitters Pre-Op Jitters

Unread 04-02-2002, 07:49 AM
Pre-Op Jitters

I am 48 years old and scheduled for a TAH/BOS on 4/22/02. I should have done this 10 years ago and now I am so nervous about the whole surgery thing. 10 years ago I worried about the recovery - 3-6 weeks down time seemed impossible for me. Now, I can deal with the recovery, but the whole surgery idea has me just a wreck. I am afraid of never waking up! I just cannot wait until it is all over with. The next 3 weeks will be a nightmare. Some days I am ready to cancel, but every time I get this idea, another bout of bleeding starts and then there is that whole burning pain sensation in my groin. Well, that's it for today. I just want to wish everyone out there who is pre-op the very best, and thank HysterSisters for this most wonderful, informative site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 08:07 AM
(((((Sharon)))))))))

Hi there Sharon

It is understandable that your nerves are wracked. Major surgery is a big deal and a hyster hits us emotionally as well as physically. The waiting is the worse part. This is the common agreement between most of us .

Welcome to Hystersisters and keep up your posting. You will be a soon and your fears will be a passing thought.

Maybe try the chat room. It's a great place to get lots of support, hug's, and women helping women. You can share your story with others and maybe even help out someone else . It can be lots of fun to.

Take care &

Michele
Unread 04-02-2002, 09:15 AM
Pre-Op Jitters

Sharon,
I had never had surgery before and the "never wake up" thing bothered me too so I talked to my anethesiologist (sp). He really put my fears to rest. I didn't find this site until after my surgery so you are one up on me. These girls will help you a bunch in the weeks ahead. I worked around the house getting it ready to come back to, made sure I had lots of pillows with clean cases and sheets, grocery shopped, cleaned and scrubbed everything to a perfect shine! My DH bought me a new TV for the bedroom and even took 2 weeks off to stay with me post-op. I like to crochet so I made sure I had everything for a new project and also plenty to read. Please keep in touch, we care and understand your fears. xx, Karlene

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register