Worried in Seattle | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worried in Seattle Worried in Seattle

Unread 04-02-2002, 09:14 AM
Worried in Seattle

I am having some type of hysterectomy not sure yet what they are going to do. The gyn said they will take out the Mass that they found (which she thinks is not cancerous) and also an ovary. I have 2 cysts on the ovaries. I am praying and know that God will take good care of me and there will be no cancer or problems. Any good positive messages anyone has to get me through this 3 weeks from today would be so much appreciated!
~Trish Says Hi~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 09:30 AM
Worried in Seattle

Hello Trish,
I am having my TAH/BSO in 3 weeks also. I too am frightened but sometimes we have to let go of the fear and anxiety and hold on the prayer and trust in God.... I have this by my computer...
"Have no anxiety at all, but in all things by prayer and giving thanks, make your requests known to God. Then the Peace that passes all understanding will guard you.... " that is a paraphrase from the bible... Phil 4:6-7. Its helped me alot. I am fighting an ear infection hoping in God that it will go away so I can have my surgery.. cuz if I don't have it that day it will be sometime in June and I want my life back... the pain and bleeding.. UGH...
so don't worry.... trust that things will go well and believe they will ..... waiting is the worst part....
take care,
kara
Unread 04-02-2002, 11:36 PM
Worried in Seattle

Trish I'm in Seattle too! Had my hyst at Swedish. Had a great experience there.

Before my surgery I was sure everything would go wrong! Instead, everything went right. My advice is to let yourself be scared, maybe write about how you feel or talk to trusted friends, and keep reminding yourself why you're doing this.

The waiting really is the hardest part. You're already in the waiting, so you're already working through the hardest part. After all that anxiety, the surgery itself will be a piece of cake!

It really helped me to visualize the whole procedure (going smoothly) ahead of time. I don't know why but it really calmed me down. I believe it reduced post-op pain too, but who can tell?

Good luck!

Melissa

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register